To be read in conjunction with the Birmingham 2022 Ticket Terms and Conditions.
The safety, security and enjoyment of all people attending, working and competing at the Games is of paramount importance to Birmingham 2022 and the Games Partners.
Pursuant to the Birmingham 2022 Ticket Terms and Conditions, all Ticket Holders will be bound by, and must comply with the Venue Entry Conditions, and the list of Prohibited and Restricted Items and prohibited actions contained therein, which will be developed and made available to all Ticket Holders prior to the start of the Games online at birmingham2022.com and at the spectator entry gates of all Venues.
Ticket Holders must read the Venue Entry Conditions carefully prior to entering a Venue. If a Ticket Holder does not understand or has any queries in relation to any part of the Venue Entry Conditions, then they should contact our customer services team through our help desk for further clarification.
It is important that Ticket Holders are aware that access to Venues and Sessions will not be permitted to any person in possession of any prohibited item included in the list of Prohibited and Restricted Items and that any person found not complying with the Venue Entry Conditions will be refused entry to or evicted from the Venue without a refund or compensation.
When used in these Conditions, capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
“Accreditation” means an official Birmingham 2022 accreditation that gives the Accredited Person the right to attend a particular Venue;
“Accredited Person” means any individual possessing, holding or using a valid Accreditation as issued to that individual by Birmingham 2022;
“Authorised Person” means collectively all Games and Venue management (being anybody acting on behalf of Birmingham 2022) including any or all of their respective staff, officials, contractors, representatives, officers, security personnel, stewards and/or volunteers;
“Birmingham 2022” and “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours” refers to the Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd, a company established under the Companies Acts (registered number 11120160) as the Organising Committee of the XXII Commonwealth Games to be staged and principally hosted in Birmingham in 2022 and having its registered office at One Brindley Place, Brindley Place, Birmingham, England, B1 2JB;
“Conditions” means these Venue Entry Conditions;
“Pedestrian Screening Area” means the area located at the Venue entry point where people and their personal possessions will be screened to ensure that they do not have any Prohibited Items and that any Restricted Items are identified;
“Prohibited Items and Restricted Items” means the Prohibited Item(s) and Restricted Item(s) as set out in these Conditions;
“Prohibited Item(s)” means any item(s) specified as prohibited items in these Conditions that cannot be taken into a Venue;
“Restricted Item(s)” means any item(s) specified as restricted items in these Conditions that may be taken into a Venue but it’s use is restricted;
“Session” means any sport event or ceremony forming part of Birmingham 2022 to which a Ticket gives right of entry, the particulars of which are indicated on the Ticket;
“Ticket” means an official Birmingham 2022 ticket that gives the Ticket Holder the right to attend a particular Session at a particular Venue;
“Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the ticket purchaser or any person to whom a Ticket has been issued or transferred;
“Venue” means any location where a Session is scheduled to take place (and/or any replacement location to which a Session is rescheduled) and to which a Ticket or Accreditation is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates as well as all other official installations and areas;
“Venue Personnel” means personnel of Birmingham 2022, and any person or entity with responsibility for delivering an element of Birmingham 2022, including Birmingham 2022 suppliers, Birmingham 2022 partners, Birmingham 2022 security personnel, West Midlands Police, or Authorised Persons carrying out an official role or duty within or around a Venue;
“You” and “Your” means the person admitted or seeking admittance as a spectator to a ticketed Session at a Venue.
1. Admittance to Venues
1.1 Persons will only be admitted to a Venue if they possess a valid Ticket for a Session or valid Accreditation which must be presented for inspection at the Venue point of entry.
1.2 Ticket Holders must retain their Ticket at all times whilst they are within a Venue. Ticket Holders will be required to produce their ticket if requested by Venue Personnel.
1.3 Accreditation holders must have their Accreditation visible at all times whilst they are within a Venue. Accreditation holders will be required to present their Accreditation if requested by Venue Personnel.
1.4 Persons who are under 16 years of age will only be admitted to a Venue if they are accompanied by an adult.
2. Refusal of admittance and removal from Venues
2.1 Birmingham 2022 may refuse entry to any person to any Venue and may remove or evict any person from a Venue where, in the reasonable opinion of Venue Personnel, it is believed that the person may cause disruption or a risk to the safety or security of the Session or the enjoyment of the Session by others or breach any of these Conditions.
3. Field of play and restricted areas
3.1 Ticket Holders and non-accredited persons must not enter the field of play at any Venue, or any area to which access is restricted, unless directed by Venue Personnel.
4.1 Smoking will be prohibited within venue perimeters (including open air areas) at all Venues. The use of electronic cigarettes, otherwise known as e-cigarettes, is not permitted within Venues. Some areas immediately outside the Venue perimeters may also be designated as non-smoking areas and smoking will be prohibited in these areas.
5. Security checks
5.1 To enter a Venue all persons must submit to airport style security screening and inspections. These may be carried out with the use of technical aids such as body and bag scanners. These may take place on, before or beyond the point of entry to a Venue. If Ticket Holders or Accredited Persons refuse to comply with any such inspections, they may be refused entry to or removed from the Venue.
5.2 CCTV equipment will be installed at all Venues. Images and footage captured by this equipment will be monitored by Venue Personnel. By purchasing and/or holding a Ticket or Accreditation, Ticket Holders and Accredited Personnel consent to Birmingham 2022’s use of CCTV images and footage, and to the footage and images being retained by Birmingham 2022 and shared with relevant third party authorities for the purpose of administering the Birmingham 2022’s security program and otherwise enforcing Birmingham 2022’s rights under these Conditions.
6. Prohibited Items and Restricted Items
The identification of Prohibited Items and Restricted Items is key to ensuring:
- people attending a Venue are safe
- queues at Venue entry points are kept to a minimum to support efficient Venue access
- spectator enjoyment of a session is maximised
- commercial rights are protected
A non-exhaustive list of the Prohibited and Restricted Items is available here:
7. Restricted and Prohibited activities
7.1 You must not undertake, allow or procure the undertaking of any of the following activities in a Venue or within the vicinity of a Venue:
- threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul or abusive language or verbal abuse of staff, volunteers, contractors, accredited persons or other spectators;
- ambush marketing or display of commercial or unauthorised signage;
- religious, racial, sectarian, political, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting;
- public nudity, streaking or lewd behaviour;
- protest demonstrations, political/religious rallies within the Venue;
- unauthorised access;
- ticket touting;
- unauthorised broadcast or recording of official games events or venues;
- use of restricted frequency transmitting or receiving equipment or frequency jamming devices;
- flash photography or use of other lighting devices;
- opening of umbrellas, use of flags or banners etc in a manner that creates or causes a nuisance or obstructs the view of other spectators within the designated seating or observational areas;
- betting or gambling;
- distributing, hawking, selling, or offering or exposing for sale any goods or services, or collecting money or orders for goods and services;
- blocking any thoroughfare including without limitation any stairs, steps, aisle, gangway, overpass, underpass, pontoon, bridge, passage, entry or exit, or climbing on any structure forming part of the venue;
- the taking of illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
- any criminal activity, including fraud or theft;
- activities constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person;
- standing in seated viewing areas;
- making or receiving telephone calls during a session where quiet is required at the start of or during a session;
- utilising a seat other than that allocated to You on Your ticket, unless otherwise instructed by Venue Personnel.
- posting, sticking or placing, or attempting to post, stick or place, any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, seat, structure, fence, tree or cordon within or within the vicinity of a Venue;
- distribution, display or other use of any advertising or promotional material, matter or thing (including printed or electronic matter or samples);
- misusing, tampering with, removing, damaging or defacing in any manner any property in a Venue;
- throwing or attempting to throw any object;
- disrupting, interrupting or behaving in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any session, event or activity, or distracting, hindering or interfering with an athlete, official, Venue Personnel, or interfering with the comfort of other persons or their enjoyment of Birmingham 2022;
- starting or attempting to start a fire;
- interfering with, obstructing or hindering Venue Personnel in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties;
- operating or using a loud hailer, public address system or other broadcast device;
- conducting public surveys or opinion polls, soliciting money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public;
- conducting entertainment without a licence and authorisation from Birmingham 2022;
- inflating or causing to inflate any balloon, receptacle, device or structure;
- collecting, using or transmitting of any scores, results or related statistics or data for any commercial, betting or gambling purpose.
8.1 If Birmingham 2022 delay or fail to enforce any rights afforded by these Conditions, it shall not mean that it has waived its right to do so at any subsequent time.
8.2 If any part of these Conditions is deemed by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Conditions shall not be affected.
8.3 These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Conditions (including, without limitation, any dispute or claim relating to non-contractual obligations) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute (including, without limitation, any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising from or in connection with these Conditions or a Ticket Holder’s attendance at a Session shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to pursue any legal proceedings in a competent court in the defendant’s domicile, which proceedings shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.