Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms will apply to all Bring the Power: School Festival Day event plans submitted by schools in England to win a prize (the “Competition”). The Competition is organised as part of the “Bring the Power” youth programme running alongside the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (the “Games”).
The promoter of the Competition is Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd (“Birmingham 2022”). If you have any queries about the Competition or these Terms then please contact us at email@example.com.
You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Competition. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Competition, these Terms will take precedence.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1. The Competition will begin around 09:00 GMT on Tuesday 24 May 2022 and will close at 23:59 GMT on Friday 24 June 2022 (the "Competition Period").
2. The Competition is open to all schools in England. Unfortunately, if your school is not based in England, you will not be able to enter this competition.
3. A school teacher must be responsible for submitting the entries for the Competition on behalf of their school (the “Entrant”).
4. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant. Birmingham 2022 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the prize until eligibility has been verified.
5. Entry to the Competition is free for charge. There is no qualifying purchase required.
6. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter the Competition.
7. To enter the Competition, eligible Entrants must include all the requested information and upload a copy of their proposed Bring the Power: School Festival Day plan in the space provided in the Competition entry form (the “Entry Form”) and enter their completed Entry Form by clicking the submit button before the end of the Competition Period. The School Festival Day plan can be submitted in a number of formats including PDF or image file up to a maximum file size of 20MB – multiple documents may be uploaded.
8. Please make sure the entries submitted are:
(a) an event plan for the Bring the Power: School Festival Day, using the templates included in the Bring the Power: School Festival Day available to download for free at https://www.birmingham2022.com/power/schools/school-festival;
(b) centred around celebrating the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
9. Entries must be completed correctly and received by Birmingham 2022 during the Competition Period to be eligible for the Competition. All entries completed or received outside the Competition Period will not be included in the Competition and will not be eligible for the Prize.
Restrictions on Entry
10. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per school.
11. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the Competition. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
12. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the Bring the Power programme or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
13. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a prize.
14. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Competition your request should be made in writing to Birmingham 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the Winners
15. Winners will be selected from Entrants falling into two categories as follows:
(a) Category 1 - Birmingham and the West Midlands region - the winners shall be the first 100 valid and eligible Entry Forms submitted from schools in Birmingham and the West Midlands (including Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire or Worcestershire); and
(b) Category 2 - the remaining eight regions of England- the winners shall be the first 10 valid and eligible Entry Forms submitted from schools in each of the eight regions of England (East Midlands, East of England, London, North East, North West, South West or South East),
Together the “Winners”.
16. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to select one or more schools from Category 1 (Birmingham and West Midlands region) Entrants who have submitted valid and eligible Entry Forms during the Competition Period to participate in future activities as part of the Bring the Power: School Festival on one or more dates between 1 July 2022 and 22 July 2022. The selection of those eligible schools invited to participate will be at Birmingham 2022’s sole discretion.
17. Winners will each receive one exclusive Bring the Power: School Festival box containing “Bring the Power” themed bunting, a banner, posters and badges (the "Prize").
18. The Winners will be notified that they have won by 30 June 2022 through the email address provided in their Entry Form. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) during this time in case they are a Winner.
19. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
20. Please note that Entrants of all valid and eligible Entries will automatically be submitted into the Bring the Power: Access to Resources Giveaway, providing Entrants with an opportunity to entered into a prize draw to win more prizes. If you do not wish to be entered into the Bring the Power: Access to Resources Giveaway your request should be made in writing to Birmingham 2022 at email@example.com.
21. The Prize will be posted to the postal address supplied by each Winner in accordance with these Terms no later than 30 June 2022.
22. The Prize is not transferrable and there is no alternative to the Prize.
23. The Prize may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
24. The names of the winning schools shall be available on request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. The Winners may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Competition, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional purposes.
26. Any decision of Birmingham 2022 is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. By entering the Competition, each entrant grants Birmingham 2022 a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their Entry Form, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each entrant agrees not to assert the enforcement of any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
28. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Competition and upon acceptance of any Prize. Birmingham 2022 cannot be held responsible for the Winner failing to supply accurate information which then affects Prize acceptance or fulfilment of their Prize.
29. Birmingham 2022 will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility or liability for any use of the Prize.
30. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Competition and/or amend or alter these Terms without prior notice in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
31. Entry into the Prize Giveaway is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Birmingham 2022 shall accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Prize Giveaway and/or accepting a Prize. Birmingham 2022 further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with the Prize Giveaway save that nothing in these Terms shall act to limit or exclude Birmingham 2022’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
32. Incomplete, late or illegible entries will be disqualified. Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control. Birmingham 2022 cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
33. All dates stated in these terms and conditions are subject to change.
34. Any personal information supplied in connection with the Competition will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at https://www.birmingham2022.com/privacy-notice/youth-learning-programme.
35. The Competition and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. If the entrant is a resident of Northern Ireland, Scotland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, then they will additionally be entitled to bring an action in their home courts.