Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern your application to be considered in the selection process to become a Gen22 “IdeasMadeReal” participant with the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to propose, bring to life and lead on social action campaign ideas (“IMR Participant”).
If you, as the Applicant, are under 18 years old, you must ask your parent/legal guardian for permission to submit your Application Form. Your parent/leal guardian must agree to these terms and conditions.
Furthermore, where the Applicant is under 18 years old, then in order to allow the Applicant the opportunity to participate in the selection process and as an IMR Participant as specified in these terms and conditions (including the explicit consent underlined at point (c) below, by submitting the Application Form on behalf of the Applicant, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian hereby:
- consent to, and approve: (i) the Applicant participating in the selection process and as an IMR Participant; and (ii) all provisions of these terms and conditions;
- undertake to ensure that the Applicant shall honour their obligations under these terms and conditions; and
- explicitly agree that B2022 may contact the parent/legal guardian and/or the Applicant directly by email or telephone for the purpose of organising the Gen22 Programme and the IMR Participant selection process.
Please note - this consent shall be valid and binding, even if these terms and conditions do not bind the Applicant.
The promoter of the Gen22 “IdeasMadeReal” is the Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd ("B2022"). If you have any queries about the Gen22 “Ideas Made Real” or these terms and conditions then please contact us at email@example.com
- B2022, through its Gen22 youth social action programme for young people aged 16-24 (“Gen22 Programme"), has secured funding from the National Lottery Community Fund (“NLCF”) to select the IMR Participant.
- To be considered for the role of IMR Participant, individuals (“Applicant”) must complete and submit the relevant online application form (the “Application Form”) along with a short video of themselves outlining their proposed social action project (collectively the “Content”), as further described in the Application Form.
- Applicants shall indicate their acceptance of these terms and conditions by checking the relevant box on the Application Form or (if no such box is checked) shall otherwise be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions upon submission of their Application Form.
- B2022 shall be entitled to delay, postpone or cancel the recruitment process set out in these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
- The application period opens on 16th March 2022 and will close at 23:59 GMT on 24th April 2022. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- Each Applicant must:
(a) be aged sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) years at the time of application;
(b) be able to speak and read English;
(c) be a UK citizen or have permission to reside in the United Kingdom and live, work and/or study in Birmingham or the West Midlands;
(d) be available to attend a second stage selection event which will take place on the weekend of the 7th and 8th May 2022 (the “Power Plan Weekend”). Details of the Power Plan Weekend will be provided to the successful Applicants by 26th April 2022;
(e) present the Applicant’s social action project proposal at the Power Plan Weekend to a panel of selection experts;
(f) be available to participate in the Gen22 Programme throughout the period 1st June to 30th September 2022 inclusive (although availability will only be required on certain of those dates and will be consistent with successful Applicants’ project plan proposals as selected at the Power Plan Weekend).
- Each Applicant confirms that all information included in their Application Form and that they otherwise provide to B2022 is true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading and that they have the right to provide B2022 with that information. B2022 may require an Applicant to provide proof in relation to any element of their Application Form (including requesting proof of age for entrants as well as parental or guardians' consent) and each Applicant shall promptly comply with any such request. Failure to promptly comply with any such request may result in an Applicant’s Application Form not being considered.
- Each Applicant may only submit one Application Form.
- B2022 accepts no responsibility for Application Forms that are not successfully submitted, regardless of cause, including (without limitation) due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure, of any kind or any other reason.
- By submitting an Application Form, the Applicant, and in the case of an Applicant under 18 years, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian, is deemed to have given consent for the Content to be used free of charge by B2022 or its designated agents for any purpose in connection with the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and the Gen22 Programme including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising purposes in connection with the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and the Gen22 Programme. They also consent for the Content to be used free of charge by B2022 or its designated agents in all media worldwide for all purposes in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television platforms and newspaper.
- By submitting the Application Form, the Applicant and, in the case of an Applicant under 18 years, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian, agree to:
(a) being filmed by B2022 in order to create content for the purpose of publicising the Gen22 Programme including any associated Commonwealth Games output; and
(b) signing any additional documentation that may be required in connection with this Competition, such as, but not limited to, declarations for security, health and safety, confidentiality or assignments in order to assign all intellectual property in submitted designs to B2022.
- B2022 shall review the Application Forms and accompanying Content and shall then invite successfully shortlisted Applicants to attend the Power Plan Weekend at a central Birmingham location (details of location to be provided to successful stage one applicants) on 7th and 8th May 2022.
- Applicants will only be contacted by B2022 if they have been shortlisted and invited to attend the Power Plan Weekend, at which point such successful Applicants will be required to complete a Gen22 registration form and provide all information required in that form including the parent/legal guardian’s contact details.
- An invitation to the Power Plan Weekend is no guarantee that an Applicant will be selected to be an IMR Participant and any Applicant who is unable to attend the Power Plan Weekend may not be eligible to be an IMR Participant.
- B2022 reserves the right not to offer the IMR Participant opportunity and has no obligation to give reasons for rejecting any application. Any decision of B2022 as to eligibility will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. After being selected, B2022 reserves the right to terminate any individuals’ participation.
- B2022 shall not be responsible for reimbursing any costs of Applicants (including, without limitation travel, accommodation and/or subsistence costs) in connection with the IMR Participant selection process, any interview or Power Plan Weekend. Subject to the foregoing, B2022 may (in its sole discretion) elect to make a contribution to Applicants’ travel costs to attend the Power Plan Weekend where reasonably required to enable attendance.
- B2022 shall not be obliged to provide feedback to or otherwise enter into correspondence with Applicants who are unsuccessful at the Power Plan Weekend or otherwise as part of the application process.
- Following the Power Plan Weekend/, or at any other time during or after the application period, B2022 may make an offer to an Applicant to become an IMR Participant. B2022 reserves the right to make an offer to as many or as few Applicants as it may determine. The decision of B2022 regarding any aspect of the application process is final and binding.
- If B2022 elects to make an offer to an Applicant to become an IMR Participant, that offer shall be subject to the Applicant successfully completing the Gen22 Participant Registration Form.
Limitation of Liability
- The Applicant, or in the case of an Applicant under 18 years, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian, agree to release and hold harmless B2022, its officers, staff, agents and its personnel from any expenses, costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments and losses of any kind whatsoever (including consequential and economic losses, property loss/damage and damages for injury, including personal injury and death) (“Losses”) incurred or suffered by the Applicant or the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian and which arise out of, are caused by, are attributable to or result from the Applicant’s application or their participation in the Power Plan Weekend or as a IMR Participant or otherwise arising out of or in connection with a claim from a third party relating to B2022 or NCLF’s use of any Content except to the extent such Losses are caused or contributed to by a wrongful or negligent act or omission of B2022, its officers, staff, agents or personnel.
- B2022 reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice and no liability shall attach to B2022 as a result thereof.
- By submitting Content to B2022, the Applicant, and in the case of an Applicant under 18 years, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian, hereby warrants that the Applicant is the sole owner of the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in that Content and:
(a) hereby assign to B2022 all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the Content;
(b) waive absolutely all moral rights, including any future moral rights, arising in relation to the Content by virtue of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and, so far as legally possible, any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world. To the extent the waiver referred to is not effective, the Applicant and in the case of an Applicant under 18 years, the Applicant’s parent/legal guardian agree to not assert any such moral rights; and
(c) sign any relevant forms or agreements provided by B2022 to reflect such assignment (without amendment). Failure (or delay) to sign the relevant document will result in the Applicant being disqualified.
- Any personal information provided or submitted by the Applicant as part of the application process, or B2022 review in connection with the application process, will be used, shared and retained in accordance with our Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.birmingham2022.com/privacy-notice/
- Please ensure that any personal information the Applicant has provided to B2022 is kept up to date and that the Applicant monitors any correspondence provided to the Applicant by B2022 in relation to their application to be an IMR Participant.
- If any of these terms and conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then Applicants agree that the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- B2022 reserves the right to reject the relevant Application Form or refuse to offer an opportunity to attend the Power Plan Weekend or become an IMR Participant to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions or to anyone, who in B2022’s sole opinion, has otherwise acted improperly or dishonestly.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by land construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Parental/Legal Guardian Declaration for Applicants under 18 years
In return for B2022 allowing the under 18 years Applicant, at the parent/legal guardian’s request, the opportunity to participate in the selection process and as an IMR Participant (as defined in these Ideas Made Real terms and conditions), then by submitting the Application Form the parent/legal guardian hereby declare and confirm to B2022 as follows:
- parent/legal guardian submitting the Application Form are the parent or legal guardian of the Applicant to whom these Ideas Made Real terms and conditions apply;
- at the date of the submission of the Application Form, the Applicant is between 16 and 18 years of age;
- they have full parental rights and authority in relation to the Applicant, and have read these Ideas Made Real terms and conditions, and afforded the opportunity to ask questions regarding the terms and conditions and their meaning prior to submitting the Application Form and all questions have been answered to their satisfaction; and
- they accept the Ideas Made Real terms and conditions on behalf of the Applicant.