Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms will apply to all Bring the Power: Perry’s Journey to the Games entries for a chance to win one of a limited number of Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (the “Games”) Perry the mascot plush toys and challenge cards (“Perry Kit”). There will be 50 Perry Kits available to the first 50 schools in Birmingham and the West Midlands to submit entries and a further 50 Perry Kits available to the first 50 schools in the rest of England (the “Giveaway”). The Giveaway is organised as part of the “Bring the Power” youth programme running alongside the Games.
The promoter of the Giveaway is Birmingham Organising committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd (“Birmingham 2022”). If you have any queries about the Giveaway or these Terms then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit An entry for the Giveaway. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Giveaway these Terms will take precedence.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1. The Giveaway will begin at 12:00 GMT on Thursday 16th June 2022 (“Opening Date” and will close when each of all of the 50 Perry kits for England and the 50 Perry Kits for Birmingham and the West Midlands have been allocated, which shall be on a ‘first come, first serve basis’.
2. The Giveaway is open to all schools in England. Unfortunately, if your school is not based in England, you will not be able to enter this Giveaway.
3. A school teacher must be responsible for completing the online form for the Giveaway on behalf of their school (the “Entrant”).
4. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant. Birmingham 2022 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the Perry Kit until eligibility has been verified.
5. Entry to the Giveaway is free for charge. There is no qualifying purchase required.
6. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter the Giveaway.
7. To enter the Giveaway, eligible Entrants must correctly complete and submit the online form after the Opening Date to be in with a chance to receive a Perry Kit.
8. Once all Perry Kits have been awarded there will be no further Perry Kits to give away and the Giveaway will automatically end.
Restrictions on Entry
9. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per school.
10. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the Giveaway. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
11. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the Bring the Power programme or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
12. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a Perry Kit.
13. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Giveaway your request should be made in writing to Birmingham 2022 at email@example.com.
Selection of the Winners
14. A Perry Kit will be awarded to Entrants as follows:
(a) the first 50 schools to submit a valid and eligible online form from Birmingham and the West Midlands (including Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire or Worcestershire);
(b) the first 50 schools to submit a valid and eligible online form in the rest of England (East Midlands, East of England, London, North East, North West, South West or South East).
together the “Winners”.
15. Winners will each receive one exclusive Perry Kit containing one set of Perry challenge cards and one 25cm Perry mascot plush soft toy.
16. The Winners will be notified that they will receive the Perry Kit through the email address provided in their online entry form. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) during this time in case they are a Winner.
17. Once all Perry Kits have been given away any new Entrants will not be notified.
18. The Perry Kit will be posted to the postal address supplied by each Winner in accordance with these Terms within 30 days of their entry submission.
19. The Perry Kit is not transferrable, there is no alternative to the Perry Kit and the Perry Kit is subject to availability
20. The Perry Kit may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
21. The Winners may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Giveaway, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional purposes.
22. Any decision of Birmingham 2022 is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Giveaway and upon acceptance of a Perry Kit. Birmingham 2022 cannot be held responsible for the Winner failing to supply accurate information which then affects the acceptance or fulfilment of the Giveaway.
24. Birmingham 2022 will award the Perry Kits as described in these Terms, but Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility or liability for any use of the Perry Kit.
25. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Giveaway and/or amend or alter these Terms without prior notice in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
26. Entry into the Giveaway is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Birmingham 2022 shall accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway and/or accepting a Perry Kit. Birmingham 2022 further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with the Giveaway save that nothing in these Terms shall act to limit or exclude Birmingham 2022’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
27. Incomplete, late or illegible entries will be disqualified. Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control. Birmingham 2022 cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
28. All dates stated in these terms and conditions are subject to change.
29. Any personal information supplied in connection with the Giveaway will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at https://www.birmingham2022.com/privacy-notice/perrys-journey-competition
30. The Giveaway and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.