Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms will apply to the weekly prize draws which will take place between May 2022 and August 2022 to reward engagement with the Bring the Power: School Festival by schools and youth groups in England (the “Prize Giveaway”). The Prize Giveaway is organised as part of the “Bring the Power” youth programme running alongside the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (the “Games”).
The promoter of the Prize Giveaway is Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd (“Birmingham 2022”). If you have any queries about the Prize Giveaway or these Terms then please contact us at email@example.com.
You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Giveaway. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Giveaway, these Terms will take precedence.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1. The Prize Giveaway will be open from 9:00 GMT on Tuesday 24 May 2022 and until 23:59 GMT on Sunday 7 August 2022 inclusive (the "Giveaway Period") with prizes to be won every week.
2. The Prize Giveaway is open to all schools, school teachers, youth groups and youth group leaders in England aged 18 years or over (the “Eligible Entrants”). Unfortunately, if your school or youth group is not based in England, you will not be eligible to enter this Prize Giveaway.
3. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. Birmingham 2022 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the prize until eligibility has been verified.
4. Entry to the Prize Giveaway is free of charge. There is no qualifying purchase required.
5. Internet access is required to enter the Prize Giveaway.
6. Each weekly Prize Giveaway period will start at 9:00 GMT every Monday and will close on the following Sunday at 23:59 GMT rolling throughout the Giveaway Period (the “Giveaway Week”).
7. Eligible Entrants will be automatically submitted in the Prize Giveaway in accordance with these Terms by completing one or more of the following activities during any given Giveaway Week:
(a) in the case of schools or school teachers only, submitting a valid Bring the Power: School Festival Day plan in accordance with the terms of the Bring the Power: School Festival Day Plan competition; and/or
(b) in the case of schools, school teachers, youth groups and youth group leaders, by posting a message or sharing pictures, photos and/or videos showing how the school or youth group is engaging with the Bring the Power: School Festival and bringing the power of the Games to its pupils and young people using the hashtags #BringthePower and #B2022 on one of more of the following Birmingham 2022 social channels onFacebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and/or LinkedIn.
Restrictions on Entry
8. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per school or youth group per rolling Giveaway Week.
9. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the Prize Giveaway. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
10. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the Bring the Power programme or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
11. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a prize.
12. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Giveaway, your request should be made in writing to Birmingham 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the Winners
13. A total of four winners will be selected at random from all valid and eligible entries in each Giveaway Week throughout the Giveaway Period as follows:
(a) two winners will be selected from entries in Birmingham and the West Midlands (including Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire or Worcestershire); and
(b) two winners will be selected from all entries in each of the eight regions of England (East Midlands, East of England, London, North East, North West, South West or South East),
together, the “Winners”.
14. Winners will each receive a goody bag of Bring the Power branded badges, posters and letters of encouragement for their school or youth group(the "Prize").
15. Winners will be notified that they have won within 72 hours of the end of each Giveaway Week via email or direct message. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) during this time in case they are a Winner.
16. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
17. Birmingham 2022 may require some Winners, selected at Birmingham 2022’s sole discretion, to be available for and participate in publicity activities with Birmingham 2022 between 23 May 2022 until 8 August 2022.
18. An entry that is not selected for a Prize in any Giveaway Week shall not roll forward into any other Giveaway Week. Eligible Entrants will be automatically submitted in any remaining Giveaway Week during the Giveaway Period, provided that they complete on or more of the activities in condition 7, provided that the completed activity is not deemed to be the same or substantially the same as any previous (winning or non-winning) activities already submitted to the Prize Giveaway.
19. The Prize will be posted to the postal address supplied by each Winner in accordance with these Terms no later than 15 August 2022.
20. The Prize is not transferrable and there is no alternative to the Prize.
21. The Prize may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
22. The names of the winning schools shall be available on request by contacting email@example.com.
23. The Winners may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Giveaway, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional purposes.
24. Any decision of Birmingham 2022 is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. By sharing pictures, photos and/or videos on social media channels using the hashtags #BringthePower and #B2022 the entrants will be deemed to have obtained the provision of all consents in respect of the photography, filming, or broadcasting of any individual’s name, likeness or image submitting They also consent for the Content to be used free of charge by B2022 or its designated agents in all media worldwide for all purposes in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television platforms and newspaper.
26. By entering the Prize Giveaway, each entrant grants Birmingham 2022 a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each entrant agrees not to assert the enforcement of any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
27. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Prize Giveaway and upon acceptance of any Prize. Birmingham 2022 cannot be held responsible for the Winner failing to supply accurate information which then affects Prize acceptance or fulfilment of their Prize.
28. Birmingham 2022 will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility or liability for any use of the Prize.
29. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Giveaway and/or amend or alter these Terms without prior notice in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
30. Entry into the Prize Giveaway is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Birmingham 2022 shall accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Prize Giveaway and/or accepting a Prize. Birmingham 2022 further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with the Prize Giveaway save that nothing in these Terms shall act to limit or exclude Birmingham 2022’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
31. Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control. Birmingham 2022 cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
32. All dates stated in these Terms are subject to change.
33. Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Giveaway will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at https://www.birmingham2022.com/privacy-notice/youth-learning-programme.
34. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then entrants agree that the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
35. The Prize Giveaway and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. If the entrant is a resident of Northern Ireland, Scotland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, then they will additionally be entitled to bring an action in their home courts.