Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms apply to the "Win a LIMITED EDITION HYDROCONQUEST XXII COMMONWEALTH GAMES WATCH" prize draw (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd ("Birmingham 2022"). If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us at email@example.com.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1. The Prize Draw will begin at around 00:01 on Tuesday 17 May 2022 and close at 23.59 on Tuesday 31 May 2022 (the "Prize Draw Period").
2. The Prize Draw is open to all individuals who are residents of the United Kingdom (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
3. The Prize Draw is not open to employees, volunteers, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of Birmingham 2022, The Swatch Group (UK) Limited, Compagnie des Montres Longines Francillon SA, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or any other person involved in the Prize Draw or the organisation of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (the "Games") or relatives of such a person.
4. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. Birmingham 2022 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the prize until eligibility has been verified.
5. The Prize Draw is free to enter. There is no qualifying purchase required.
6. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
7. To enter the Prize Draw, eligible entrants must do the following:
(i) respond to a post about the Prize Draw, which will be posted by Birmingham 2022 on its social media accounts at (Twitter: twitter.com/birminghamcg22, Facebook: facebook.com/Birmingham2022 and Instagram: Instagram.com/birminghamcg22 and on Birmingham 2022's website at birmingham2022.com during the Prize Draw Period, by clicking on the link which will take them to Birmingham 2022's promotional microsite;
(ii) respond to an email about the Prize Draw by clicking on the link which will take them to Birmingham 2022's promotional microsite; or
(iii) visit https://www.birmingham2022.com/longinescompetition directly; and
(b) enter the following details where requested on the entry form: full name, email address, postal address, postcode, phone number and date of birth
by the end of the Prize Draw Period.
8. Entries must be completed correctly and received by Birmingham 2022 during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible for the Prize Draw. All entries completed or received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw and will not be eligible for the Prize.
9. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to Birmingham 2022 and not to the applicable social media platform.
10. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Each platform is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is subject to the relevant social media platform's terms of service.
11. Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
Restrictions on Entry
12. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person.
13. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the Prize Draw. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
14. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
15. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a prize.
16. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to Birmingham 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the Winner
17. One (1) winner will be selected at random from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period (the "Winner").
18. The Winner will win one (1) [Limited Edition HYDROCONQUEST XXII Commonwealth Games Watch (reference 7126.96.36.199)] (the "Prize").
19. The Winner will be drawn on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
20. The Winner will be notified that they have won through the email address or telephone number provided in their entry on or before Wednesday 1 June 2022. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) during this time in case they are the winner.
21. Entrants who have not won the Prize will not be notified.
22. The Winner must acknowledge this notification within two (2) days and must provide the information requested (including their delivery address and contact telephone number) within seven (7) days from notification in order to claim their Prize.
23. If the Winner does not respond to the notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner, or is not eligible for the Prize and/or has not complied with the Terms, Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and pick a replacement Winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
24. The Prize will be posted to the postal address supplied by the Winner in accordance with these Terms
25. There is no cash or other prize alternative to the Prize, except in the event of circumstances outside Birmingham 2022's reasonable control, where Birmingham 2022 reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
26. The Winner shall not be entitled to demand the Prize be paid in cash or a substitute prize be awarded.
27. The Prize may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
The surname and county of the Winner and the Prize won will (unless the Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by Birmingham 2022 at Digital Media Team, One Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
28. for sixty (60) days following the end of the Prize Draw Period. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority or other competent regulatory authority if required to do so.
29. Any Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes.
30. Any decision of Birmingham 2022 is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Prize Draw and upon acceptance of any Prize. Birmingham 2022 cannot be held responsible for the Winner failing to supply accurate information which then affects Prize acceptance or fulfilment of their Prize.
32. Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms without prior notice in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
33. Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility or liability for:
(i) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason;
(ii) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw;
(iii) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw;
(iv) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or
(v) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
34. Birmingham 2022 will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but Birmingham 2022 accepts no responsibility or liability for any use of the Prize.
35. Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at birmingham2022.com/privacy-notice
36. The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. If the entrant is a resident of Northern Ireland, Scotland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, then they will additionally be entitled to bring an action in their home courts.