Formed in collaboration with the Birmingham City Council's Youth Service, the Bring The Power Youth Voice Panel is a group of 11-19 year olds from across Birmingham. Wanting not just to be heard but to influence and affect change, the panel has been an advisory group to both the Bring The Power Youth Programme and Birmingham City Council. The project aimed to support this group of youth people to:
- Participate in a leadership journey inspired by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Contribute to the co-design of the Bring The Power Youth Programme
- Develop a stronger understanding of youth voice, refine their own practice and become more effective as changemakers
- Use their voice whilst developing new skills to better drive their own ongoing projects
- Develop confidence and new support networks
During their leadership journey, the Youth Voice Panel has:
- Played a key role in supporting the public facing launch of the Queen's Baton Relay, attending Buckingham Palace to participate as flagbearers.
- Programmed and delivered a Heart and Minds, large youth activation for young people championing physical, mental health, and activities to reduce youth violence, specifically violence against women and girls.
- Planned and attended two residential City visits in Liverpool and London as young ambassadors
- Programmed and delivered a tri-city celebration event in Birmingham culminating in a behind-the-scenes viewing of the Birmingham 2022 Dress Rehearsal Opening Ceremony.
We are excited to see what this next stage brings as we head into the legacy phase of the programme, with many exciting ideas and opportunities on the horizon.