The Peer Support Programme aims to hire up to 20 full-time equivalents (FTE) ‘lived experience’ Peer Support Workers (PSWs), with full-time and part-time positions available, to work alongside our clinical team to help support patient recovery.
Working within communities, PSWs will connect the young people and families to local resources, while providing them with a sense of understanding and hope that can only come from a peer who has walked in their shoes and learned to thrive.
The Programme will:
- Bring people together by raising awareness and reducing the stigma of mental health, and developing and strengthening community connections.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families.
- Help the region grow and succeed by creating new employment pathways for individuals with mental illness.
- Be a catalyst for change within NHS mental health services.
- Put Birmingham on the map as a leader in innovation and excellence for youth mental health