Skip to main content
Cycling Road Race
About The Route
- Starting on Myton Road, outside Myton Fields, the course heads north, over the River Avon, with a stunning view of Warwick Castle and St Nicholas Park, towards Warwick town centre, before taking an immediate left turn onto Jury Street (A429), past the Collegiate Church of St Marys on the right, Warwick Town Council’s offices, and onto Warwick High Street, with the Lord Leycester Hospital on the right.
- The course follows this road until a right turn onto Shakespeare Avenue and then a left turn onto Hampton Road (A4189), opposite Warwick Race Course. The cyclists then head out towards Hampton on the Hill and the rural section of the course
- The course passes through the village of Hampton on the Hill. From here the course takes in the more rural roads of Old Budbrooke Road, Church Lane and Ugly Bridge Road, before a right turn to join the Birmingham Road (A4177), with the cyclists heading back towards Warwick
- The course continues on Birmingham Road (A425) via Priory Road to Coten End, Emscote Road and Warwick New Road before turning into Princes Drive
- The course stays on Princes Drive, passing Victoria Park, in Royal Leamington Spa, the home of the Birmingham 2022 Lawn Bowls and Para Lawn Bowls competition, until a right turn at the roundabout onto Myton Road.
- The final run into the finish is along Myton Road, offering a long straight finish outside Warwick School and Myton Fields.