- The annual Nowka Bais Bangladeshi Boat Race
- Community and youth participation in Water Sports through free taster sessions
- Disability participation sessions and hosting a regional Sailability Open Race
- ‘On the water’ activities will be complemented by shore based community activities and children’s games on Birmingham Settlement’s playing field with a Commonwealth theme
- Exhibition rowing, sailing and canoeing races
- Introduction of Beach Sprint Rowing to the region
- Food, beverages and other stalls around the Reservoir with a Commonwealth theme
- Target audience 5,000 – 8,000 per day
Follow-up free and subsidised Water Sports activities August to October to capitalise on the increased interest from the public, targeted at prioritised sections of the community.
Preparatory activities leading up to the festival, including indoor rowing sessions in local schools and leisure centres and presentations and displays about sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and paddle-boarding.
Location: Midland Sailing Club, Edgbaston Reservoir, Icknield Port Road, Birmingham, B16 0AA
Start Date: 1st March 2022
End Date: 30th October 2022