Birmingham 2022 takes spectator access needs very seriously. We are pleased to offer online bookings for spectators with accessibility requirements.
Anyone wishing to apply for tickets for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games is required to register a ticketing account.
As part of the registration process we will ask you to provide more information about your accessibility requirements. Capturing these requirements as part of the registration process will help us to best meet your requirements when you apply for tickets.
Please note: all tickets are subject to availability and terms and conditions apply. Registering a ticketing account does not automatically entitle you to tickets.
There will still be our Contact Centre for those who prefer to use the phone and for complex booking requirements.
You may request an additional ticket for a companion at no extra cost to you. All companion tickets will be allocated next to the accessible seat. Offering companion ticket(s) presents a risk of fraud if not handled carefully and companion ticket(s) are only available to eligible spectators. To ensure the right tickets go to the right spectators, measures will be placed to ensure the scheme is not misused. These measures may include us asking for evidence to support a spectator’s requirement.
Below is a list of the type of documentation that we may ask you to provide:
- PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- DLA (Disability Living Allowance)
- Letter from a medical professional (A Doctor’s note or a letter from an occupational therapist)
- Carers Allowance
- Social Services letter – Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an aural specialist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 70 – 95 dBHL or worse.
- War Pensioners Mobility allowance
- Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (BD8 or CVI certificate)
- A personal letter from the GP, community nurse or social worker
- Benefit award letters
Further information on our Accessible Ticketing Policy will released in the lead up to tickets for Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games going on-sale this summer.