Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Virtual Mascot Summit
Saturday 11th July 2020
About the Virtual Mascot Summit
To help define the key characteristics of the Birmingham 2022 official mascot, Birmingham 2022 is looking for around 50 school children aged 5-11 from across the West Midlands to take part in a world-first Virtual Mascot Summit on Saturday 11th July.
On the day of the summit, parents/guardians would log their children on to an online portal (between 08:50 – 11:40 (ages 5-8) or 12:50 – 14:40 (ages 9- 11), where they will work with educators and Team England athletes via video link to participate in a fun and exciting series of creative mascot design tasks to ensure the mascot is representative of young people living in the city and region. We would really appreciate you taking some photos or videos of your child participating in all the fun on the day!
By completing the consent form below, you are agreeing to the following:
- your child taking part in the Virtual Mascot Summit on the 11th July;
- your child completing an activity book prior to the Virtual Mascot Summit (this will take 1-2 hours to complete)
- your child being recorded, filmed and photographed for the purpose of the Virtual Mascot Summit (the “Materials“);
- the Materials being shared on Birmingham 2022’s social media channels, website, those of our partners and in online and broadcast media outlets;
- we own the artwork your child produces – you grant and assign, on behalf of your child, to Birmingham 2022 all consents, assignments, titles, rights and interests, including copyright, which your child may have in and to any materials created during the Virtual Mascot Summit (either created by your child or by or on behalf of Birmingham 2022);
- we can use your child’s name and image – you grant, on behalf of your child, to Birmingham 2022 the unrestricted right to, and to authorise third parties to, use and/or reproduce your child’s name, voice, biography, photographs and/or recordings of your child in relation to the Virtual Mascot Summit;
- we can edit – that Birmingham 2022 shall be entitled in its sole discretion to cut, edit, copy, adapt and/or translate any of the Materials; and
- we don’t have to include your child in the materials we share – that Birmingham 2022 shall not be obliged to include your child in the Materials shared on its social media channels, website, those of our partners and in online and broadcast media outlets.
The Virtual Mascot Summit will be run by our event organisers DRPG and we will need to share the information included in this form with them so they can contact you in advance (between 30 June – 7 July) to discuss the format of the Virtual Mascot Summit and talk through technical support on the day.
In order for the Team England athletes to identify your child via video link on the day, DRPG will also request a photo of them prior to the Virtual Mascot Summit.