Closing date: 21 February 2019
About the role
The Workforce and HR Director for the Commonwealth Games Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and Lagardère Sports) will lead the strategic direction of the entire Games workforce, including the development, delivery and management of Birmingham 2022’s internal workforce capability. The total Games-time workforce is estimated to be approximately 1,200 paid staff, 10,000 volunteers and over 30,000 contractors.
The role will oversee all workforce matters and the attraction, recruitment, engagement and retention of employees, volunteers and contractors. The role will lead and manage a wide range of functional areas including Human Resources, Recruitment, Volunteers, Uniforms, Workforce Planning and Operations and Accreditation, and have overall responsibility for the entire workforce budget.
- Development of the Organising Committee people strategy and ensure its alignment with the Organising Committee values.
- Facilitate the development of a culture unique to the organisation, managing the changes throughout its lifecycle and building initiatives to create an environment conducive to achieving business objectives
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in all aspects of workforce ensuring appropriate levels of service delivery and risk mitigation
- Engage with partners and stakeholders in government and local communities to develop innovative employment and skills initiatives that deliver real results and sustainable legacy for Birmingham and the West Midlands
- Ensure HR policies create the right environment and culture for an Organising Committee with a finite life. Oversee development of Games-time workforce policies that will apply to the entire workforce comprised of Employees, Volunteers and Contractors
- Manage people related business risks by ensuring availability of the required skill sets. Ensure all workforce and skill requirements are met through the implementation of agreed strategies and plans, including workforce planning, retention strategies and programs of external recruitment
- Overall responsibility for the timely delivery of efficient HR Services to Internal customers.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Higher Education qualifications in Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Proven track record in leadership and people management.
- High-order interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to engage, present information clearly and influence on sensitive and complex matters.
- Ability to build strong relationships with OC partners including DCMS, Birmingham City Council, West Midlands Combined Authority and CGF.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to liaise with relevant external agencies to support the OC’s recruitment and attraction strategy.
- Ability to develop HR solutions that are flexible and adaptable to meet the unique needs of a start-up organization.
- Significant experience working in a “blended” workforce environment, comprised of paid staff and contractors and / or volunteers.
The Commonwealth Games Federation Partnership (CGFP) is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV to [email protected].