Closing date: 29 April 2019
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Venue Cluster Manager to join our venue management team at B2022. You will be joining at a dynamic and passionate team and be part of the Organising Committee (OC) delivering the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The initial focus of this position is to develop Venue Operational Planning (VOP) principles, create a detailed VOP programme and then drive the VOP planning process.
You will be responsible taking the venues through the first iteration of VOP. This position will then assist with the development of the wider Venue Management team and work with other Cluster Managers to develop venue teams and create venue specific operational documentation. This role will ultimately transition into a Venue Manager – leading a venue team in the preparation, readiness testing and operational delivery of a competition venue.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Developing venue planning principles and creating and delivering a detailed VOP programme, Coordinating and integrating venue planning across FAs including Overlay, Technology, Logistics, Sport, Transport and Security. Contingency planning within your venues.
- Leading with the ongoing planning and delivery of a cluster of venues, including co-ordination of a cross FA cluster venue team, cluster team meetings, programme area integration and venue team readiness and training.
- Coordinating and managing the planning and validation of venue tasks and deliverables.
- Facilitating the development of policies and procedures, project plans, emergency evacuation plans, venue structure implementation and daily run sheets on behalf of your venue(s).
- Developing the cluster and venue team approach through the progressive planning phases, leading the migration to venue operations through the “venuisation” period. Ensuring communication of direction and a clear vision of success, whilst inspiring and motivating the team. Sharing ideas and information in a timely manner.
- Managing one of the Games venues at Games-time, as a Venue Manager, in the most efficient manner and to the highest safety standards, encompassing all legislative requirements and readiness and testing.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and management of venue teams to ensuring delivery of the challenging and complex operations at venues within the Cluster.
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues within the Operations Division, other Function Area (FA) Managers, incumbent venue teams and other key stakeholders.
- Representing the Organising Committee’s interest in external stakeholder and project team meetings.
You must have proven extensive operational experience in event management, venue management and/or project management roles.
Experience in delivering international multi-sport events or major sporting Championships
Knowledge and experience of working within the guidelines set out by the Green Guide and other UK Health and Safety legislation
Strong experience in the programme management of complex projects
Good knowledge of, and proven practical ability for, budgeting and resource allocation procedures. The ability to make reasoned and sometimes difficult choices as to the deployment of resources is a pre-requisite for this role
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, events, sport management or a related field (desirable)
Demonstrated experience using MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to [email protected].