Position Type: Full-Time with Lagardère Sports UK LTD
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
About the role
The Security Director will lead security work for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and Lagardère Sports.) The position is responsible for informing and developing the Security Strategy and Budget for the OC, working very closely with West Midlands Police, and for the procurement and delivery of the Security solutions required to meet the OC’s obligations and the CGF’s requirements. He/she will also manage the daily corporate security functions for the OC including security of staff, assets and facilities.
The Security Director will work very closely with other Birmingham Security Delivery Partners, particularly West Midlands Police and Birmingham City Council, to ensure that security solutions are developed for all Games’ users which meet the OC’s and CGF’s requirements.
- Responsible for leading and delivering the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee’s security strategy, planning, scoping and operations
- Through the planning and delivery phases, manage the daily corporate security requirements of the OC. Those requirements will be focused on the security of OC staff, assets and facilities (and will also include the coordination of any preliminary investigations into alleged or suspected malfeasance by OC staff or contractors)
- Recruit, develop and lead a 3000+ team of employees and contractors to effectively manage all security programme areas at Games time
- Work closely with West Midlands Police and other Birmingham 2022 Partners in the development of the overarching security strategy for the Games
- Develop detailed delivery plans and associated procurement strategy for the delivery of security solutions to meet Games’ requirements
- Significant experience building and leading an experienced team of security subject matter experts: staff and contractors
- Demonstrable contract management experience and a track record of ensuring that suppliers deliver on time and within budget
- Recognised expertise and experience in Security aspects of event planning and delivery at international level
- Direct practical experience of providing technical/operational Security expertise to venues housing and supporting major sports events or equivalent events
- Significant experience in managerial level Security related roles including some major multi-sport event experience
- Proven skills and experience in analysing and acting on potential conflicts of interest in relation to interactions with other security stakeholders and, particularly, in relation to commercial providers and contractors
- The ability to coordinate delivery of a Security Strategy for the Games that meets the requirements of the OC and CGF and delivers efficient, value for money solutions for all Games security user groups
- Degree-level qualified or equivalent security industry qualification.
- Fluent in English in reading, writing, speaking and listening
This position is subject to SC Clearance.
Apply by submitting your CV to [email protected].