Closing date: 23 May 2019
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, this a great opportunity to join the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games as Operations Delivery Manager. Working alongside the Operations senior management team, the role has responsibility for ensuring Functional Areas within the Operations department are assisted in the delivery of key milestones and projects by providing comprehensive support.
You will be responsible for ensuring integration of the Operations department with the wider Organising Committee (OC) and will have accountability for specific deliverables and projects as directed by the Executive Director of Operations.
- Planning and preparing schedules and programmes, prioritising Venues and Infrastructure workstreams, and identifying critical path activities for the successful planning and delivery of the operational venues for the Games.
- Establishing a process to ensure that programme changes are monitored and controlled, and FA management and staff deliver on programme commitments.
- Reporting on progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Executive Director of Operations and liaising with Programme and Risk Management for overall reporting purposes. Establish and implement the programme reporting arrangements to meet the requirements of the CGF and the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee Board.
- Providing support to the Executive Director of Operations in the delivery of the department’s submission to the OC Business Plan, including budget, forecasts and KPIs, overseeing and coordinating contributions from all Operations Functional Areas.
- Recommending improvements and efficiencies with the running of the Operations department in line with business priorities.
- Managing budget and headcount levels across the department ensuring resources are optimally employed.
- Reviewing progress of the Operations team against KPIs and objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Fulfil a leadership command and operational control role during the Games – Times period.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experienced in a similar role, supporting or participating in senior management
- A good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- A successful track record in Programme and Risk Management, with broad based experience on very large complex projects
- The ability to manage resources, secure implementation of changes and delivery outcomes to time and budget.
- Strong planning skills as well as experience in operations with the ability to identify key issues in a way that is constructive and leads to successful outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience to successfully manage the demands of a constantly changing venue operations environment.
- Demonstrated experience being a supportive, collaborative and reliable team player whilst also able to lead as required
- You will have a ‘can do’ attitude that enables you to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- In-depth expertise using the MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, events, sport management or a related field will be well-regarded.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to [email protected].