Position Type: Full-Time with Lagardère Sports UK LTD / CGFP
Closing Date: 26 May 2019
About the role
The Head of Broadcast for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and Lagardère Sports UK LTD) is responsible for working with the Host Broadcast and key OC Functional Areas, as well as the Rights Holding Broadcasters in delivering the Host Broadcast operations for the Games.
The Head of Broadcast role will be co-located within the Organising Committee where the role holder will be a member of the Technology leadership team.
- The contracting, ongoing management and coordination of Broadcasting services (including the Host Broadcast (HB) contractor) to support the successful planning and delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (B2022).
- Managing relationships with Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHBs) to ensure their needs are being adequately met by both the Host Broadcast Services contractor and B2022 Organising Committee (OC)
- Providing comprehensive planning and delivery management for the Broadcast area, working in close collaboration with the relevant OC teams.
- Provide strong leadership and develop an innovative approach, working closely with the Host Broadcaster, to optimise the efficiency of the broadcast operations. Be prepared to challenge historical norms, to reduce broadcast costs, whilst maintaining the quality of service required by the TV rights holders and other stakeholders.
- Leading the Broadcast planning and operational relationship with other Functional Areas in particular Venue Design and Venue Management, Overlay, Energy, Operations, Sport, Timing, Scoring and Results and Telecoms to ensure HB requirements and dependencies on OC Functional Areas are understood and clearly identified in FA procurement scopes, delivery plans and that key milestone dates are aligned cross all delivery partners.
- Working with the HB and relevant FAs, facilitate the detailed designs of broadcast facilities at venues and at the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) and any other broadcast locations required to successfully deliver the broadcast services for the Commonwealth Games in a cost efficient manner.
- Developing the Broadcast business continuity strategy and oversight programme.
- Planning of the Games Time processes for the Broadcast Functional Operations Centre.
- Previous experience of Broadcast Services planning and operations for a large multi-sport event demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the operations and deliverables both within Games broadcast and across all functional areas.
- Significant and sustained program and project management experience including significant experience in managing large scale programs.
- Excellent understanding of broadcast operations best practice and technology solutions within a vendor outsourced environment.
- Good knowledge of and proven practical ability for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes and related portfolio of projects.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Substantial experience of vendor management, and ability to develop strong vendor relationships quickly.
- High level of organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise demands effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a large internal and external team.
- Degree-level qualified or equivalent broadcast industry qualification.
- Fluent in English in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.