Closing date: 30 May 2019
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Finance Systems and Control Manager to join our finance team at B2022, you will be joining at a dynamic and passionate team with the opportunity to be part of the organising committee (OC) delivering the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The role will be responsible for the administration and operation of Birmingham’s Financial and HR System (Microsoft Dynamics) as well as maintaining a strong controls environment. This position will also be involved in the development of BI, reporting tools, as well as project analysis and financial modelling to support the wider Finance Team.
The timing of the role allows you to play an essential part within the development of the financial systems and controls within the OC.
You will be responsible for the setup of the Financial System and daily management of the system, the role is essentially in two parts; The Setup and Ongoing role, where you will manage the administration of the Financial, budgeting and HR system Microsoft Dynamics, Including:
- Modifying the existing Microsoft Dynamics applications to reflect any changes in the Birmingham 2022 organisational structure (where required), chart of accounts, staffing structure, sporting program, competition & non-competition venues, projects and any other required changes.
- Be the point of contact of Microsoft Dynamics issues to assist users with resolution and be the link with the ebecs team (consultants).
- Assist in developing BI Reporting and analysis.
- Maintaining security of the Microsoft Dynamics applications; adding and deleting users as required and ensuring that the integrity of the financial data is maintained.
- Implement and oversee the OC’s Financial Processes and Procedures to include appropriate controls.
- Monthly data analysis as required for month end requirements.
- Development of high-quality financial reports for management as required.
You must have significant experience working with Microsoft Dynamics (or a similar reporting package). It is essential you have strong experience in developing business intelligence reports and financial reports for management.
The successful candidate will be creative problem-solver and critical thinker with the ability to learn quickly in a busy environment.
You will be motivated and a team player with excellent communication skills.
Qualified accountant or strong commercial experience in a financial system
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., conditional formulae, lookup tables, pivot tables).
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to [email protected].