Closing date: 19 July 2019
About the role
The purpose of the role is to work closely with several key departments of the Organising Committee as a Commercial Finance Business Partner, supporting the business achieve its objectives whilst ensuring strong commercial and budgetary outcome for the Games.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning, key responsibilities include:
- Support assigned departments in all financial matters including budget management, budget development and commercial process.
- Develop outstanding working relationship with assigned department and understanding of their operations to enable effective finance business partnering.
- Work with colleagues to develop and understand levels of service assumptions, cost drivers and other assumptions to underpin the detailed budget development across the organisation.
- Identification, reporting and management of financial risks and opportunities for assigned areas.
- Preparation of financial analysis and financial modelling to support members of the Senior Leadership Team in key decision making.
- Monitoring departmental spend and financial commitments, through the finance system, and developing regular reforecasts of estimated outturn spend.
- Involvement in procurement strategy, pricing structure and commercial evaluation of key procurements to ensure best economical outcome for the Organising Committee.
Skills and Experience required
- Qualified (or part-qualified) Accountant (ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Strong grasp of fundamental accounting concepts
- Demonstrable strong analytical, problem solving skills and commercial acumen.
- Skilled in the use of information technology, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, the ability to influence others and manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements to [email protected].