About the role
B2022 are recruiting for an experienced Warehouse and Distribution (Trucking) Manager with the internal job title of ‘Logistics Operations Lead’. This experienced manager will be responsible for leading the planning and delivery of the logistics operations including managing and leading on the warehousing operations, distribution, customs clearance and freight forwarding. As the manager of Games warehouse and distribution operation, this role will be required to strategically develop a comprehensive plan for these services, procure and contract manage a Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider, working closely with them and the wider Logistics team to ensure efficient delivery within budget.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all logistics warehouse operations, distribution (trucking) and customs and freight forwarding services including providing advice, guidance and leadership on these activities.
- Lead on the strategic development of a comprehensive plan for warehousing, distribution, customs clearance and freight forwarding taking into consideration potential efficiencies with requirements, staff and resources.
- Work collaboratively with the Procurement FA to lead the procurement process to appoint a Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider, contract manage the provider, integrate them into the Logistics team, ensure they meet agreed levels of service and deliver critical logistics operation milestones.
- Lead the overall planning, design, implementation, operation and dissolution of all Logistics Operations; including the development of efficient plans and processes for the receipt, storage, distribution, ongoing supply, recovery of equipment at the venues and regular reporting to the Head of Logistics.
- Oversee the setup, layout and management of the warehouse ensuring B2022 asset management protocols are in place.
- Develop distribution schedules for Venue and Village Bump In/Out and transition, Arrivals and Departures and Athlete Equipment based on information provided through the Venue & Village Logistics work stream.
- Work with HMRC, DCMS, Border Force, FAs and partners to determine import procedures, customs clearance and freight forwarding guidance for client groups including developing the Freight Guide.
- Collaborate with Logistics workstreams, partners & suppliers and other FAs to develop and maintain an integrated supply chain, detailed delivery schedules (bump in, resupply, transition, bump out, Arrivals and Departures, Athlete Equipment) and an effective warehouse operation whilst identifying cost effective measures for utilising staff and equipment.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in the logistics field at a senior management level
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of end-to-end logistics services, warehousing management, distribution management
- Demonstrable experience in managing logistics operations and contracts in a high-profile environment
- Comprehensive understanding of supply chain
- Ability to display effective leadership of a large workforce of staff and contractors
- Successful delivery of time critical logistics operations within a defined budget
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills
- Previous senior Logistics experience with the high profile events.
- Public sector / logistics packages procurement experience
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Health & Safety
- Reverse Logistics
- Agency labour
- Event Logistics
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.
Procurement Category Manager
Closes: 31 August 2020
Read moreView job
Integrated Delivery Manager – Readiness Lead
Closes: 8 October 2020
Read moreView job
Energy Zone Manager
Closes: 23 September 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest