About the role
The Village Operations Lead will be a key member of the Integrated Delivery team that is being established in Birmingham and will be engaged by Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP), which is a subsidiary of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and a joint venture with Lagardère Sports. .
The Village Operations Lead will be responsible for the leadership, strategic planning and effective operational management of the Commonwealth Games Village (CGV), providing overall accountability for the delivery of services to Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs), athletes and team officials.
Additionally, the Village Operations Lead will work with other Birmingham 2022 Functional Areas to develop Operating Plans for each of the functional services provided in the CGV. This includes working with key constituent groups and potential service providers to define and agree service levels, operational requirements and service delivery strategies.
- Create and lead the Village management team which close to Games time will include other Functional Areas.
- Understand the operational vision of the Village and translate that vision into all aspects of operational planning.
- Work with CGA Relations to liaise with the CGF and CGAs for operational planning and delivery of the Village.
- Liaise with the Venue and Village development and overlay (VDO) team to ensure all development works are suitably delivered to support Village operations at Games time.
- Support VDO in the design and acquisition of essential Village overlay.
- Chair forums that drive integration with key delivery partners, stakeholders and B2022 Functional Area service providers to develop integrated models of service delivery.
- Lead Village planning to ensure the operational needs of the Village are incorporated into the development and overlay planning.
- Lead Village operational planning ensuring CGA service levels are understood and communicated and that operational plans across the FAs take these service levels into account.
- Coordinate the site management requirements of each of the Functional Areas operating in the Village.
- Develop the Village Contingency Planning and Risk Management.
- Responsible for all Health & Safety and emergency planning.
- Help to develop service contracts for housekeeping, logistics, facility management, catering, Furniture, Fixture & Equipment (FFE) in keeping with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Be a part of the Village liaison group with Birmingham City Council and Village project team.
- Responsible for managing the expectations of different stakeholders.
- Responsible for Games-time management and troubleshooting of client needs.
- Identify, develop and execute process improvements when required.
- Lead on planning and delivery of other athlete accommodation solutions.
- Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Organising Committee and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the OC.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong operational project management experience, with expertise in the scope and co-ordination of operational planning and event readiness to assist in preparing for a large-scale event and/or project
- Exposure to venue and/or village operations planning, resource management and contingency planning
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a large volunteer workforce;
- Demonstrate you are a communicator with influence, who is inspirational and dynamic and has excellent negotiating skills
- You will have proven experience to motivate and inspire a broad team through effective leadership and development and will be politically astute with the ability to think strategically
- Ability to develop relationships with external stakeholders and delivery partners
- Provides creative and innovative solutions
- Able to work collaboratively in a dynamic working environment handling multiple tasks within a multi-disciplined team
- Skilled in the use of information technology
- An ability to mentor team members, developing their capabilities through support, guidance and exposure to opportunities
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest