About the role
Working with the Head of Energy, appointed Engineering Consultants and Games Suppliers, the purpose of this role is to manage and oversee the planning, design, delivery, operation and removal / reinstatement of all temporary power and HVAC (heating, cooling, ventilation & air conditioning) requirements at several Competition and Non-Competition Venues across the B2022 program.
- Taking direction from the Head of Energy, and applying the established principles of the program-wide event continuation and temporary power strategy plan, manage the temporary power/HVAC planning, procurement and delivery processes for venues within remit.
- Act as a leading interface between VDO department, OC Functional Areas, and outsourced suppliers, in the management of the temporary power contract(s) and supplier deliverables/performance to ensure successful program delivery.
- Participate in the Overlay Integrated Design Process, overseeing the collection and evaluation of all stakeholder requirements in respect of Energy / HVAC. Work closely with central functional area representatives, broadcast and technology representatives, and venue teams for planning, scope development and delivery.
- Liaise between temporary power designers & suppliers, venue owners and local power supplier (local grid).
- Work with design and engineering consultants during planning phases for scope and project development. Lead on venue auditing requirements to determine concept design, gap analysis and for temporary power scope confirmation.
- Support and input into cable management strategy and design processes.
- Support VDO Central Services Department in the planning and development of the procurement process, commodity scoping, market engagement, preparation of tender documentation, and supplier evaluation processes.
- Support the procurement of Temporary Power Provider(s) and HVAC contractors and suppliers within agreed policies and procedures and support management of contracts.
- Oversee supplier led detailed design process for all venues within remit towards confirmation of scope for delivery.
- Ensure consistency of energy design and scope across venue design process and ensure the temporary power strategy is properly implemented on dedicated venues.
- Ensure design requirements are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation, and relevant code compliancy/industry standards.
- Assist with department/venue level reporting, management and risk/issue resolution for all competition and non-competition venues within remit. Support the maintenance of risks and issues tracker and undertake reporting through VDO Management and Central Programme Management Office functions.
- Report and update The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), VDO Management and other key departmental stakeholders with venues progress, tracking, issue resolution, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain design/planning schedules and work with suppliers to develop integrated venue installation programmes for all venues within remit.
- Provide a leading role in all energy/HVAC budget reconciliation activities and manage budget of dedicated venues. Identification of cost-effective delivery solutions. Lead on energy scope/change management control and instructions to supplier scope.
- Monitor implementation of power / HVAC programmes during installation, commissioning, Games time and decommissioning.
- Ensure temporary installations are carried out to the appropriate schedule, standards and quality management.
- Implement energy testing plan and operational plans with energy providers (Temporary power suppliers and local suppliers), to guarantee appropriate level of service during the Games.
- Manage energy requirement with the support all VDO managers during fit out and Games Operations.
- Manage Power / HVAC suppliers on site, with the support of all VDO managers and the Principal Contractor.
- Provide all detailed information required at the dedicated venue(s) from Power / HVAC suppliers to perform their tasks (technical information, timeline…), and validate all deliverables and items delivery.
- Liaise with statutory authorities for designated venues, with Support from central Overlay program management team.
- Manage and coordinate on-site supplier maintenance and response during Games Time operation period
- Execute additional tasks and other works as required for the success of the Venue Development Team.
- Experienced Electrical Engineer in facility development or event delivery, including temporary power distribution projects.
- Proven experience of leading and delivering major electrical infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience of technical requirements and facilities required for major international sports competitions.
- Experienced in sports venue and event temporary facilities design and delivery.
- Experienced in contract management and managing supplier performance
- Experienced in temporary power distribution.
- Experienced in HVAC mechanical system scoping and delivery
- Previous design and delivery experience of Multi-sport Games would be considered an advantage.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
Head of Security Operations
Closes: 8 May 2020
Read moreView job
Architectural Technician – Venue Development & Overlay
Closes: 12 April 2020
Read moreView job
Look & Wayfinding Manager – Venue Development & Overlay (VDO)
Closes: 12 April 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest