The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the VDO team to assist with the successful planning and delivery of all infrastructure requirements needed to support the delivery of operationally ready venues for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. This position will work across all the operational areas of the VDO division. The individual will have excellent attention to detail, be willing to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Proactively manage the day-to-day administration of the team, including scheduling meetings, maintaining electronic filing and document control, coordinating key tasks related to the VDO division
- Collating and issuing of weekly reports, production of meeting agendas, lists, letters, minutes, presentations etc
- Coordinate all VDO annual leave and absence requests, booking of travel arrangements for staff
- Organise key team member diaries and meeting requests. Manage and filter high traffic inboxes
- Work with VDO Central Team and Finance FA to log and file supplier invoices, as well as purchase order requisitions and supplier creation
- Track department milestones and key deliverables
- Assist with department new starter onboarding/inductions
- Undertake background research for projects and prepare written briefing notes
- Prepare team presentations and update reports/dashboards for internal/external stakeholders
- Keep updated contact information for all stakeholders engaged in VDO activities
- Coordinate and organise key project documentation, filing and document control/management
- Work across the VDO projects to support the delivery priorities of individual programmes
- Work to satisfy differing needs of multiple stakeholders; ensuring the best outcome for the Games, including athletes, spectators, Games Partners, sponsors and Government
Skills and Experience required
- Excellent Administration experience
- Meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to organise tasks effectively and deliver to a high standard on time
- Energetic and dynamic individual
- Resilient with an effective approach to resolving challenges and identifying solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with strong people skills
- Good level of numeracy and data management
- Good English language and grammar skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Excellent project and time management skills
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.