About the role
B2022 are looking for a Sport Competition Project Manager to be responsible for providing management and leadership support to the Sport Competition Team to ensure successful delivery of the Sport Competition programme across all nineteen sports. The role will focus on the ongoing development of the Competition Schedule, coordinating the operation of the Competition Schedule Working Group.
The salary for this position is £40,000.
- Support the Head of Sport Competition with the Competition Schedule development process, including coordinating input from key functional areas and external stakeholders
- Support the Head of Sport Competition with the management of the Competition Schedule Working Group, ensuring all key actions and decisions are documented
- Support the Head of Sport Competition with the communication of any changes to or releases of the Competition Schedule.
- Coordinate the Competition Schedule change control process
- Liaise with the Technology team on the development of a Competition Schedule management tool
- Support the Sport Competition team with the development of sport specific operating plans
- Support the Sport Competition Team with the recruitment process for Competition Managers and Assistant Competition Managers
- Support the creation of Sport Competition presentations to external agencies, maintaining OC brand guidelines and validating key facts and statistics
- Coordinate the ongoing strategic engagement programme with NGB’s
- Work with the Sport Projects Delivery Manager to track and update progress on Sport Competition milestones
- Support the Sport Competition team with the collation of Transfer of Knowledge documentation
- Support the Sport Competition team with the planning and delivery of the Sport Competition elements of the OC’s testing and readiness programme
- Coordinate requests for information and service level provision scoping from the various functional areas
- Provide general support activities to the Sport Competition Team members based on agreed priorities
Skills & Experience Required
- Passionate about the delivery of Sport at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Previous experience working in a project management capacity within the sport and/ or event sector, involving multiple tasks and stakeholders
- 2+ years’ experience in the sport industry
- An understanding of sport specific programming
- Experience in sport administration at a National or International level
- Excellent communication
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to enthuse, negotiate and influence
- Ability to work as an integral member of the team and contribute to the team’s objectives
- A focus on team work and collaboration to achieve desired outcomes
- An ability to work with and direct a range of stakeholders, while displaying integrity for the role and the organisation
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an ability to interpret a range of information or tasks
- Effective leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use computer software programs including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience of working with detailed schedules
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Games
- Programme management experience in a complex multi-strand environment
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.
Procurement Category Manager
Closes: 31 August 2020
Read moreView job
Warehouse and Distribution (Trucking) Manager
Closes: 17 September 2020
Read moreView job
Integrated Delivery Manager – Readiness Lead
Closes: 8 October 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest