About the role
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Special Projects Manager to join the Village Management Team.
The Village Special Projects role is to prepare discreet plans, budgets and analysis for key components of specific services or operational projects - for example, investigation of the options including cost analysis of the athlete laundry service; the procurement of FFE; the arrangements for linen and towel procurement and the laundry services associated with those items; the preparation of tender options for the housekeeping services; and as an example of Games time, the operating plan for the reception of VVIP visitors to the Village in conjunction with Protocol.
- Prepare the scope documents with service levels and budget for the Village housekeeping and cleaning contract
- Prepare the scope & budget documents for all the FFE requirements of the Village (s) and with Procurement seek potential VIK opportunities
- Prepare the instillation plan including timelines in conjunction with Logistics for all FFE in all Villages
- Investigate the various options for resident laundry services including the budget costs for each option, the spatial demands and the indicative consequential service levels
- Working with Venue & Village Development and Overlay (VDO) and Village Integration Manager prepare the internal spatial plans for Resident Centres, housekeeping storage, waste collection sites, staff break areas, etc.
- Working with Catering, Cleaning and Waste (CCW) prepare the scope and budget documentation for the housekeeping and cleaning contracts either as separate services or conjoined.
- Prepare the Operating plan with the Support Operations Manager to deliver the maintenance issue reporting and resolution protocols as the interface with Resident Centres.
- Coordinate with Procurement on the development of the contracts for bed linen, duvets without covers, towels, etc. and essentially the disposal strategy as part of the plan: also, consideration of sport venue towels too.
- Prepare special project plans - Evacuation & Emergency, Political asylum protocols, Commissioning event, Protocol visits, etc.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Project Management, Hospitality Management, or related areas
- Experience in the venues, villages or hospitality industry and familiarity with international standards of client service
- Strong operational project management experience, with expertise in the scope and co-ordination of operational planning and event readiness to assist in preparing for a large-scale event and/or project
- Exposure to venue and/or village operations planning, resource management and contingency planning
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a large volunteer workforce
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest