About the role
B2022 are looking for a Senior Contract Manager to lead the Contract Management Team to manage all Venue Development and Overlay (VDO) contracts related to various temporary infrastructure commodities (tents, seating, scaffolding, power, modular buildings etc.) from tender preparation through planning, implementation, decommissioning to contract close out.
- Plan, develop and implement the VDO Procurement strategy for the temporary overlay requirements and govern the Procurement Master Schedule
- Coordinate with Procurement and Legal teams to create Goods and Services Agreements tailored for VDO purposes
- Work with Procurement and Commercial teams to manage Sponsorship and Value in Kind
- Develop and implement VDO Contract Management policies and procedures
- Provide direction and manage the team of Contract Managers to successfully implement the strategies developed
- Assist to develop and maintain detailed commodity budget
- Manage and administrate the Overlay Database
- Develop partnerships and work with internal and external stakeholders to lead the development of tender documentation scope of work including technical specifications and RFPs for all commodities
- Lead the tender Q&A, site visits and supplier presentations as the key representative for VDO
- Lead contract negotiations with potential suppliers representing VDO’s operational requirements and objectives
- Evaluate tender responses as part of the evaluation team
- Interface between suppliers and VDO to manage cost, schedule and scope of work
- Define and implement the change management process
- Oversee the Purchase Orders to be raised and manage the payment milestones and invoicing
- Provide costing estimates and validation for Overlay Managers
- Work with Regulatory Compliance Manager, H&S Manager, Programme Manager, Engineering Services Manager and contractors to ensure compliance with schedule, health and safety, building code and permitting regulations
- Act as an escalation point for Overlay Managers to resolve issues related to commodities
- Identify and develop risk control measures to mitigate potential risks associated with project
- Ensure all contract deliverables are being met including the contracted service levels
- Assist the VDO reporting function ensuring that progress reports, schedules, risk and issue trackers and the like are accurate, up to date and delivered on time
- Monitor and report on supplier performance against the pre-determined Key Performance Indicators
- Coordinate, facilitate, negotiate, agree and close out final accounts for all contracts
Skills and Experience Required:
- Related post-secondary education (engineering and/or business is preferred)
- 12+ years’ work experience with minimum of 7 years’ experience with contract management / procurement and project management or equivalent education
- Proven team management skills
- Previous experience working on multi-sport event
- Experience of preparing scoping documents and market testing
- Management of construction-related projects
- Experience in managing contracts of multi-millions of pounds value
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to email@example.com.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest