About the role
B2022 are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to develop and execute the regulatory compliance and town planning strategies and policies to obtain appropriate permits/approvals for Venue Development and Overlay (VDO) temporary infrastructure which mainly include architectural, structural, civil, energy, fire safety, water and life safety.
- As it pertains to temporary structures, define the applicable building codes that require permits and appropriate regulatory authorities
- Integrate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to define the process to obtain building permits, and any required town planning approvals, including discharge of reserved matters/conditions
- Act as Lead point of contact from the organising committee in liaison with all regulatory authorities and town planning departments, manage and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Identify potential cost-effective solutions and/or variances required to implement desired overlay requirements, recommend process for requesting variances from all authorities and negotiate variances with authorities as required
- Review Birmingham 2022 accessibility strategy against the applicable building codes and identify potential variances
- Manage the project schedule for code requirement gathering, approvals and inspections
- Define methodology and collect required information such as permit specific drawings working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Review supplier construction drawings and identify issues
- Assemble complete applications for submissions to appropriate regulatory authorities (building permits and other ‘’Applicable Law’’ packages)
- Fill out application forms, calculate permit fees, submit, track and pick up permit applications
- Review comments made by the regulatory authorities and seek clarification and/or clearance where compliance can be achieved through discussions
- Forward any regulatory authority comments to the appropriate party/individual to be addressed and assemble a complete response and deliver to regulatory authorities ensuring a single point of contact with Birmingham 2022
- Perform onsite venue inspections
- Assist Overlay Managers to prepare and manage Building Inspector visits on site
Skills and Experience Required:
- Related post-secondary education (engineering and/or business is preferred) 12+ years’ work experience with minimum of 7 years’ experience with code consulting and project management or equivalent education
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Planning, Building Control and Licensing to obtain required approvals
- Previous experience working on multi-sport event
- Experience of working in/with the public and private sectors
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest