About the role
B2022 are recruiting for a Procurement & Contracts Administrator, joining a team of Procurement experts leading high profile contracts for a Global sporting event. The role will support the Head of Procurement and provide administrative support to the Procurement team to assist management of the day to day P2P processing (Dynamics software) and ongoing administrative support as required. This position will work across all the operational areas of the organisation and a positive customer engagement approach is essential. The individual will have excellent attention to detail, be willing to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills. If you are an experienced Administrator looking for a new challenge in your career, you have the desire to work in a vibrant and collaborative team, being part of a legacy impact that will last long after your delivery then this is the role for you!
Birmingham is taking centre stage in 2022 and despite Covid the creation of the games continues and allows us the privilege of supporting businesses by offering a substantial quantity of contract opportunities to the market. While the role will initially be working from home due to lockdown our offices are based in central Birmingham close to stations and parking and we have a vibrant venue with a wide range of talented stakeholders. This is a special opportunity and we want people on our team who are passionate about demonstrating how procurement can be part of an organisation’s success. If this is you then come and join us.
- Proactively manage the day-to-day administration of the team, including scheduling meetings, maintaining electronic filing and document control, coordinating key tasks related to the Procurement team and its stakeholders.
- Support the collation of management information data in relation to dynamics and procurement service delivery
- Daily processing of all Dynamics workflows interacting with multiple functional areas in the process.
- Process Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders in line with the Procurement Policy
- Set up Purchase Agreements in Dynamics and create associated purchase orders as required
- Supplier set up process in line with OC requirements
- Respond to queries from the Finance team and amend existing purchase orders as necessary.
- Escalate any non-compliant Purchase Requisitions for review by the team.
- Maintain a daily log of Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order status updates.
- Monitor Procurement inbox and take action as necessary.
- Assist in general queries from key stakeholders across the OC and Partners
- Assist with preparations for team meetings
- Assist with department new starter onboarding/inductions
- Support preparation of team presentations and update reports/dashboards for internal/external stakeholders as they are developed
- Keep updated contact information for all suppliers including SME profile and relevant reporting criteria as requested.
- Coordinate and organise key project documentation, filing and document control/management.
- Support the implementation of contract management software and data quality
- Work with team members to support the delivery priorities of individual programmes
- Work to satisfy differing needs of multiple stakeholders; ensuring the best outcome for the Games, including athletes, spectators, Games Partners, sponsors and Government.
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent Administration experience, basic procurement knowledge preferred
- Demonstrates a professional and helpful approach supporting the positive image of Procurement as a service
- P2P/Dynamics experience
- GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent)
- Excellent IT skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to organise tasks effectively and deliver to a high standard on time.
- Energetic and dynamic individual.
- Resilient with an effective approach to resolving challenges and identifying solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with strong people skills
- Good level of numeracy and data management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work with and support the team
- Natural communicator at all levels, approachable and knowledgeable
- Positive Customer service focused mindset
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.
Closes: 5 July 2020
Read moreView job
Office & Facilities Management Coordinator
Closes: 9 July 2020
Read moreView job
Head of Operations
Closes: 9 July 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest