About the role
B2022 are seeking an Overlay Cluster Manager to manage all aspects of the planning, design, delivery and removal/reinstatement of all competition and non-competition venues within a cluster, inclusive of test events.
- Manage team of Overlay Project Managers, Designers, Engineers, CAD Support, VDO Delivery
- Partners, Incumbent Venue Staff and others assigned to the cluster for all phases of the project.
- Provide leadership and development for Overlay cluster team through all phases of project.
- Manage and coordinate with partner Local Authorities/Local Government and legacy integration teams on Capital venue build scope, ensuring clarity of delivery responsibilities, tracking and issues resolution.
- Work with design and engineering consultants during planning phases for scope and project development. Manage consultants on site during the delivery and removal/reinstatement phases.
- Coordinate with functional area teams to develop scope and deliver to meet their Games time requirements for each venue in cluster, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose for Games client groups.
- Working closely with VDO department design resource, lead and manage the Venue
- Operational Planning (VOP) process on behalf of the VDO Department to determine venue planning principles, validate design baseline assumptions, establish Overlay service levels and scope requirements, and action agreed outputs.
- Work closely with venue teams for planning, scope development and delivery.
- Report, manage and resolve risks and issues for venues in cluster.
- Develop, manage and maintain budgets for each venue in a cluster.
- Manage special projects as it pertains to overlay development as required.
- Develop, manage and maintain delivery schedules/build programmes for each venue in cluster.
- Manage and coordinate key clients’ scope of works; inclusive of Host Broadcast, Commercial Partners and Games Sponsors
- Report and update The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and other key stakeholders with venues progress, tracking, issue resolution, etc.
- Ensure overlay requirements are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Manage all deliverables required to obtain relevant statutory sign-offs and regulatory code compliance (health and safety, planning, building control, fire engineering, food/hygiene safety and crowd management) relating to the design, planning and delivery of overlay.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Design-related professional qualification with post qualification experience
- Well-developed CAD skills; AutoCAD and REVIT
- Excellent report writing, design capabilities and communication skills.
- Previous sport venue overlay and design experience of Multi-Sport Games is essential
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Planning, Building Control and Licensing to obtain required approvals
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest