About the role
The Venue Development and Overlay (VDO) Division of the OC is looking for a qualified individual to lead on providing comprehensive overall department planning, project management, design, production and delivery oversight for the Look of the Games (LOK) and Wayfinding and Signage (WFS) programmes, involving management of embedded within the OC. The purpose of this role is to provide overall leadership and management of the design, planning, tender process, production and delivery of the Look and Signage programmes for all Commonwealth Games venues. This includes the management of consultants and contractor oversight to ensure an on time, games ready look, wayfinding and signage programme.
- Provide overall strategic direction, leadership and management of the Look, wayfinding and signage programme through all phases of the project.
- Work with appointed contractor/consultant resource to provide oversight and coordination of design and planning processes to include; development of the Kit of Parts (KOP), venue simulations and application plans, sport equipment design and artwork, LOK and WFS production artwork and overall control of materials and finishing for a cohesive LOK and WFS application across all venues.
- Management of the OC Functional Area (FA) resource scoping towards establishing the Look, Wayfinding and Signage scope at each Venue in line with the approved budget and programme constraints, and gain OC sign-off for delivery.
- Management of Look WFS team and its contractors for overall planning, roadmap programme development and achievement of department milestones to meet all games time requirements for all venues and ensure alignment with wider Venue Development Division deliverables.
- Provide overall project management, venue scoping and cost control for the LOK and WFS programmes. Work with contractor(s) to provide and implement a scope management database.
- Work closely with Brand and key OC Functional Areas for integrated design of LOK WFS programme.
- Ensure the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games visual identity is applied in a uniform and consistent way across all venues.
- Ensure the Look Kit of Parts (KOP) and custom elements are strategically positioned at all competition venues, so that the CGF, Birmingham 2022 and sponsor logos are highly visible on television and are captured in photographic imagery.
- Oversee the development of a Wayfinding Signage Manual.
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation and that requirements are planned , designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation, and achieves regulatory sign-off. Ensure design, planning and delivery is in accordance with OC sustainability goals.
- Overall management for tender development of both the Look and WFS programmes. This coordination includes, working with Look, WFS and contracts management team to develop the tender documents, tender reviews and any scope or technical confirmation required for tenders to be awarded.
- Liaise, negotiate and build strong relationships with all Local Authorities and Government Partners responsible for the integrated Look programme in the Urban Domain/outside venue fence lines.
- Identify and seize joint venture opportunities with Birmingham 2022 stakeholders, partners, sponsors and providers, to amplify reach, impact and budget.
- Overall management of the supplier production processes to ensure scope, quality control and delivery for all Look and WFS scope is produced , sorted and received at the warehousing for delivery to meet all required deadlines. In addition, manage all change orders and add scope requirements for on time installation and budget control.
- Overall management of supplier(s) for production and delivery of all Look and WFS within scope.
- Working closely with the VDO Programme Management and Games Readiness team, ensure an integrated approach for delivery across all VDO teams.
- Work with supplier(s) to develop, manage and maintain production schedules for all venues. This includes test event, games time delivery and tear down.
- Manage contractor games time maintenance required to ensure kit is Games-ready at all times with remediation and disposal of goods post Games to meet all required sustainability goals and guidelines.
- Promote a positive, issue resolution attitude within team and with other FA’s or teams within Venue Development Division.
- Develop, manage and resolve issues for all venues. Create and maintain issues tracker.
- Develop, manage and maintain budgets for the production and installation, removal and reinstatement for both Look and WFS.
- Report and update Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and OC central teams with Look WFS programme progress, scope, issue reporting and resolution, scheduling and overall status, as required.
- Manage special projects as required.
- Execute additional tasks and other works as required for the success of the Venue Development Team.
Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Organising Committee and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the OC.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ Years’ experience of installation of Look and Signage applications.
- Past Games experience in the Look & Wayfinding Signage area
- Demonstrate a solid understanding on how to create, manage and execute a sporting event’s visual identity across competition and non-competition venues.
- Extensive experience in managing and executing international event branding projects across
Multiple sporting venues.
- Previous experience compiling tenders and negotiating and managing suppliers/contractors.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and budgets.
- Proven ability to develop plans and deliverables that meet joint objectives with other stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop plans and deliverables that meet joint objectives with other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to liaise and negotiate with key decision-makers both internally and externally within a large organisation.
- Proven ability to recruit, manage and motivate an operational & project management team of internal and externally sourced staff.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
Head of Security Operations
Closes: 8 May 2020
Read moreView job
Architectural Technician – Venue Development & Overlay
Closes: 12 April 2020
Read moreView job
Contract Manager – Venue Development and Overlay
Closes: 12 April 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest