The purpose of the role is to develop and deliver innovative and effective marketing and advertising strategies that leverage and protect the Birmingham 2022 brand, and ensure Birmingham 2022 meets its ambitious ticketing, revenue and engagement targets. To plan, oversee and support the provision of marketing services to other Functional Areas.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that Birmingham 2022 meets its ambitious ticketing, revenue and engagement targets
- To oversee the Advertising and Promotions Functional Area
- To support the Head of Marketing in all aspects of Games messaging and promotion
- To support the development and implementation of all integrated marketing, brand and advertising strategies
- To specifically develop, own and deliver integrated marketing plans for key campaigns. This may include volunteering, the mascot, ticketing and the Queen's Baton Relay
- To work collaboratively with the Media, Engagement & Legacy teams ensuring campaigns maximise all owned, earned and paid media opportunities
- To be accountable for and manage all aspects of the campaign budgets. To measure and report against all campaigns on a regular, OC-wide basis
- To drive and manage relationships with key partners
- To provide marketing leadership; influencing, informing and inspiring colleagues and stakeholders to deliver integrated, united goals and develop an audience-focused approach
- Oversee all account management services and project scheduling, ensuring the timely and successful management and coordination of multiple projects for multiple clients
- To work closely with colleagues in Partner FAs to ensure integrated planning and accurate requirements capture of strategy, advertising and collateral needs/services
- To work closely with colleagues in the Commercial Department: delivering content requirements to support sponsor recruitment; ensuring all activities support (and do not compromise) sponsor recruitment and revenue generation; working with Sponsor Services FA to ensure integrated planning of sponsor activation initiatives
- To assist the Head of Marketing in the selection and management of partner Marketing and Advertising agencies
- To play a lead role in relationship development with key stakeholders and partner organisations, identifying and implementing marketing and audience development initiatives and opportunities
Skills and Experience required
- Diploma/degree qualified in marketing (or similar)
- A strategic thinker and marketing planner, able to interpret and integrate goals, audience research and situational analyses to deliver commercial returns
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex research, tracking, profiling evidence
- Ability to thrive in both reactive and proactive environments
- Visually literate, able to confidently manage, brief and inspire creative agencies
- Proven marketing leadership experience in the fields of major events, sports or consumer-facing brands
- Proven campaign leadership and delivery expertise, delivering engagement and commercial goals
- Excellent understanding of the media and agency landscape
- Proven experience managing significant, complex, multiple campaigns and projects
- Commercial awareness and financially literate
- Brilliant project management skills
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.