About the role
The Integrated Delivery Manager for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) Lagardère Sports) will play a vital role as part of the Programme Management and Integrated Planning (PIP) team. The PIP team works across the Organising Committee’s (OC’s) function areas (FAs) and workstreams to add value and support their planning efforts. Working with the OC’s FAs and workstreams, the PIP team facilitates the identification of strategic priorities and oversight of programmes of work to help ensure that the OC’s preparations are focused on the right areas at the right time. PIP helps to ensure that the OC maintains its programme management and reporting discipline (PMO), and also serves as an ‘engine room’ for issue resolution, integrated planning, delivery and readiness support. At Games time, PIP will lead the day to day operation of the Games Operations Centre, the OC’s central hub for information, coordination and decision-making support (C3).
This role is one of several Integrated Delivery Managers who will work across the breadth of the OC’s workstreams to design and implement processes that relate to topics that are cross-cutting, require input and/or focus from multiple FAs/workstream areas and/or venue teams and should be managed holistically to ensure they are effective and efficient. PIP resources will move in and out of workstreams as demands change to enable more efficient deployment of resource. The inter-dependent nature of the workstreams and the fact that different workstreams will take priority at different stages will enable this.
This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to support a new and innovative way in planning and delivering the Commonwealth Games; supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, challenging previous Games ‘norms’ and supporting the OC to be efficient and effectively prepared for the Games. The OC is looking to add to its talented team a dynamic problem-solver who is adaptable and motivated by new challenges. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in scoping and initiating complex projects, with an ability to learn quickly and generate insight from existing information and experience. With exceptional interpersonal skills, they will have the initiative to work independently as well as to lead a small team across a number of projects.
Integrated Planning & Delivery
- Work with the OC’s functional areas and workstreams to add value and support their planning & delivery efforts, including but not limited to:
- supporting the refinement of the scope and delivery model for each of the OC’s functions and workstreams to avoid scope gaps/overlaps and to support optimised procurement and delivery outcomes
- supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, as required including challenging previous Games ‘norms’, working with functional experts to coordinate and facilitate the development of supporting analysis and documentation
- facilitating the sharing and communication of key decisions and/or documents to ensure general awareness of key planning assumptions (and changes) as Games planning progresses
- identifying critical operational planning dependencies, helping to prioritise tasks, and ensuring tasks are timely, appropriately focused, resourced and set-up for success
- determining priority workstreams to be included and supported by centrally led integrated planning processes including those that require input from multiple OC Functional Areas/workstreams and/or across multiple venues
- for centrally led integrated planning processes, define and document the approach including developing supporting templates to support task delivery and follow-up review and analysis as required
- support tracking and reporting of progress of integrated planning tasks
- provide other strategic and project support as required by the Director of Programme Management and Integrated Planning
- responsibilities of this role will evolve during the lifespan of the Organising Committee as the PIP team lead planning for Readiness and Command, Coordination & Communication (C3). It is also likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the Games
- As part of the OC’s PIP team you will be expected to support the Head of Programme Management to:
- ensure the OC’s executive has a good understanding of its status, priorities and issues at any point in time, and is able to focus on decision making and issue resolution
- facilitate the development of detailed programmes of work, ensuring coordination with the ‘big picture’ and organisational priorities
- proactively identify issues or trends with an understanding of potential impacts and/or opportunities to draw executive attention to them to enable resolution before they become significant
- support regular reporting and updates to the OC’s Board and sub-committees and Games Partners as applicable
- support the coordination of the OC’s participation in the CGF’s Coordination Commission forums including liaising with Games partners to support provision of progress updates to The CGF as well as monitoring and tracking of progress against recommendations and actions from the Coordination Commission, and other relevant review groups and stakeholders as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Solid experience working in a consultancy environment with a demonstrated track-record of launching and delivering multi-faceted projects (eg. management consulting firm, internal organisation change management)
- Experienced at developing analysis and reports to support Executive level decision making, including options analysis, business case development, Board papers and presentations
- Strong communicator, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Strategic planner with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at synthesising complex information into well defined, and easily communicated plans for implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Excellent, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Project management in a sport event context
- Experience in the planning and operation of a major sport event and/or multi-sport event environment
- Experience in the design and delivery of readiness programmes including facilitation of training and desk-top sessions
- Experience in the design and delivery of C3 models in a complex stakeholder environment
- Working in a complex stakeholder environment (public/private)
- Related university degree
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to email@example.com
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest