About the roleThe Integrated Delivery Manager – Readiness Lead for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) & Lagardère Sports) will play a vital role as part of the Organising Committee’s (OC’s) Programme Management and Integrated Planning (PIP) team. The PIP team works across the OC’s function areas (FAs) and workstreams to add value and support their planning efforts. Working with the OC’s FAs and workstreams, the PIP team facilitates the identification of strategic priorities and oversight of programmes of work to help ensure that the OC’s preparations are focused on the right areas at the right time. PIP helps to ensure that the OC maintains its programme management and reporting discipline (PMO), and also serves as an ‘engine room’ for issue resolution, integrated planning, delivery and readiness support. At Games time, PIP will lead the day to day operation of the Games Operations Centre, the OC’s central hub for information, coordination and decision-making support (C3).
This role is one of several Integrated Delivery Managers who will work across the breadth of the OC’s workstreams to design and implement processes that relate to topics that are cross-cutting, require input and/or focus from multiple FAs/workstream areas and/or venue teams and should be managed holistically to ensure they are effective and efficient. PIP resources will move in and out of workstreams as demands change to enable more efficient deployment of resource. The inter-dependent nature of the workstreams and the fact that different workstreams will take priority at different stages will enable this. In the first instance this role will lead on Testing, Exercise & Readiness Planning & Delivery.
This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to support a new and innovative way in planning and delivering the Commonwealth Games; supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, challenging previous Games ‘norms’ and supporting the OC to be efficient and effectively prepared for the Games. The OC is looking to add to its talented team a dynamic problem-solver who is adaptable and motivated by new challenges. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in scoping and initiating complex projects, with an ability to learn quickly and generate insight from existing information and experience. With exceptional inter-personal skills, they will have the initiative to work independently as well as to lead a small team across a number of projects.
Testing, Exercise & Readiness Planning & Delivery
- To represent PIP, as the lead for Readiness Planning and Delivery and to:
- Facilitate alignment of the OC’s readiness strategy with cross-partner readiness activities as appropriate, including balancing the timing and extent of OC participation in cross-partner activities
- Lead a team to support and champion the readiness programme for the OC, including but not limited to the coordination, design and delivery of:
- training and facilitation materials for functional and venue teams to deliver their own programme of desktop exercises
- Centrally facilitated desktop exercises
- Simulation exercises
- Licensing and commissioning events and sport test events (working with Venue Management, Village Management and Sport, amongst other functions)
- Ceremonies exercises and rehearsals working with Ceremonies and Venue Management, amongst other functions
Integrated Planning & Delivery
- Support PIP’s Integrated Planning Lead in working with the OC’s functional areas and workstreams to add value and support their planning & delivery efforts, including but not limited to:
- supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, as required including challenging previous Games ‘norms’, working with functional experts to coordinate and facilitate the development of supporting analysis and documentation
- identifying critical operational planning dependencies, helping to prioritise tasks, and ensuring tasks are timely, appropriately focused, resourced and set-up for success
- determining priority workstreams to be included and supported by centrally led integrated planning processes including those that require input from multiple OC Functional Areas/workstreams and/or across multiple venues
- for centrally led integrated planning processes, define and document the approach including developing supporting templates to support task delivery and follow-up review and analysis as required
- As part of the OC’s PIP team you will be expected to support the Head of Programme Management to:
- ensure the OC’s executive has a good understanding of its status, priorities and issues at any point in time, and is able to focus on decision making and issue resolution
- facilitate the development of detailed programmes of work, ensuring coordination with the ‘big picture’ and organisational priorities
- proactively identify issues or trends with an understanding of potential impacts and/or opportunities to draw executive attention to them to enable resolution before they become significant
- support regular reporting and updates to the OC’s Board and sub-committees and Games Partners as applicable
Key Experience and Skills Requirements
- Solid experience working in a consultancy environment with a demonstrated track-record of launching and delivering multi-faceted projects (eg. management consulting firm, internal organisation change management)
- Experienced at developing analysis and reports to support Executive level decision making, including options analysis, business case development, Board papers and presentations
- Strong communicator, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Strategic planner with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at synthesising complex information into well defined, and easily communicated plans for implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Excellent, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Project management in a sport event context
- Experience in the design and delivery of readiness programmes including facilitation of training and desk-top sessions
- Working in a complex stakeholder environment (public/private)
- Related university degree
For more details, download the Job Description.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Procurement Category Manager
Closes: 31 August 2020
Read moreView job
Arrivals & Departures Manager
Closes: 5 October 2020
Read moreView job
Cluster Venue Transport Manager
Closes: 5 October 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest