About the role
The Head of Workforce Planning and Operations for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) Lagardère Sports) will play a vital role in leading the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games workforce planning and operations approach to ensure it is efficient, effective and enables the development of cost-effective and optimised operational workforce solutions to enhance the Commonwealth Sports movement.
This is a pivotal role in setting the direction, strategy and delivery of all aspects of workforce planning and operations to put in place a world-class team with in excess of 1,000 employees, and over 40,000 volunteers and contractors to deliver the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The role requires an established industry expert to define the strategy, set the standards and oversee the implementation of the Organising Committee’s workforce programme and establish and manage performance relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders to achieve integrated, seamless, first-class delivery of our Workforce needs.
This position is responsible for planning, coordination and management of the workforce delivery model for the Games period and to ensure the effective and efficient management of all venue-based workforce constituents and workforce operational issues during the Games period.
- Develop the strategic and detailed operations plans for Games-Time workforce planning and operations.
- Manage the end to end delivery of our diverse workforce.
- Develop strategies to meet workforce targets, monitor and determine necessary interventions and provide guidance and challenge to colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Develop the “Workforce Integrated Timeline” and lead the associated working group, ensuring all are meeting deadlines for the mobilisation of the workforce.
- Liaise with the Technology Division on the development and implementation of the workforce planning, scheduling and rostering system.
- Liaise with the Human Resources and Volunteering Departments to ensure effective and efficient workforce planning processes and resource requirements.
- Develop and manage workforce planning and operations contribution to the integrated venue planning process.
- Assume overarching accountability for planning, managing and monitoring cost and service delivery of key suppliers of labour.
- Ensure workforce planning is structured to achieve agreed client service levels.
- Liaise with and ensure an appropriate workforce approach across all Functional Areas responsible for delivering product and services to workforce constituents.
- Lead, motivate and empower Venue Workforce Managers.
- Liaise with the Volunteering Department and HR on the scope, planning, recruitment, training, reward and recognition for Games Time Workforce
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven expertise in setting up and managing complex workforce programmes, preferably in a multi-sport Games environment
- Extensive experience of Workforce Resource Planning
- Experience in effective people management
- Previous high-profile project/budget accountability
- Knowledge of large-scale complex workforce projects
- Experience in the programme management of multiple complex projects
- Good knowledge of, and proven practical ability for budgeting and resource allocation procedures and the ability to make difficult choices as to the deployment of resources
- Experience in the establishment of integrated services functions for an organisation with a finite lifespan
- Expert-level skills in programme management of multiple complex, detailed projects
- Comfortable in the use of technology, particularly HRIS or similar systems
- Fluent in English in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to email@example.com
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest