About the role
The purpose of the role will be to take lead responsibility for the management of all aspects of Overlay, Energy & Look Department planning, design, delivery, operation and removal / reinstatement at all competition and non-competition venues, inclusive of test events.
- Take lead responsibility for the management of all aspects of Department planning, design, delivery and removal/reinstatement at all competition and non-competition venues, inclusive of test events.
- Manage team of Cluster Overlay Managers, Venue Overlay Managers, Designers, Engineers, CAD Support, VDO Delivery Partners, Incumbent Venue Staff and others assigned to Overlay department for all phases of the project.
- Provide leadership and development for direct reports, inclusive of a Team of Overlay Cluster Managers, through all phases of project.
- Act as lead interface in the management and coordination with partner Local Authorities/Local Government and legacy integration teams on Capital venue build scope, ensuring clarity of games time requirements, scope/delivery responsibilities, tracking and issues resolution.
- Manage temporary power planning, procurement and delivery processes across the games-wide venue remit, acting as lead interface between VDO department, OC Functional Areas, and outsourced suppliers, in the management of the temporary power contract(s) and supplier deliverables/performance to ensure successful program delivery.
- Manage Look of the Games, Wayfinding & Signage planning, procurement and delivery processes across the games-wide venue remit, acting as lead interface between the VDO department, OC Functional Areas, and outsourced suppliers, in the management of the supplier contract(s) and supplier deliverables/performance to ensure successful program delivery.
- Working closely with Department design resource, have oversight of the Venue Operational Planning (VOP) process to determine venue planning principles, validate design baseline assumptions, establish department service levels and scope requirements, and action agreed outputs.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven experience in the design, planning, construction and operations of world class sporting/event venues.
- Proven experience of leading and delivering temporary infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience of technical requirements and facilities required for major international sports competitions.
- Demonstrate strong technical, site management & planning skills.
- Good knowledge of the events industry including an understanding of local authority processes, licencing requirements and site construction.
- Experience in producing technical drawings, specifications, schedules and technical documents.
- Able to develop a shared vision, challenging and supporting people to achieve excellence, fostering and sustaining a productive environment for staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge coupled with practical skills of giving direction to specific design and built form requirements to land set aside for events / Games type environments
- Extensive industry experience within events, sport, overlay planning design / delivery / removal / reinstatement
- Extensive experience in a Management role with demonstrated supervisory responsibilities
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.