About the role
B2022 are looking for an experienced Head of Operations, to report into the Executive Director of Operations. This role will play a key role in ensuring integration of the Operations department with the wider Organising Committee (OC) and will have accountability for specific deliverables and projects as directed by the Executive Director of Operations.
- Provide general support to the Executive Director of Operations and represent him at internal and external meetings as required
- Ensure integrated and co-ordinated response across the operations functions to the potential changes of delivery of the games
- Provide “trouble shooting” support to the Executive Director of Operations, working with each operations Functional Area (FA) to progress planning, and support the resolution of divisional and operational issues as required
- Undertake reviews for quality and completeness of key planning documents as required to add value, including but not limited to supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, including challenging previous Games ‘norms’, and undertaking and/or facilitating the development of supporting analysis and documentation
- Support the attainment of operational readiness, working with the OC’s central readiness team and Operations FAs to ensure coordination and alignment of the approach, with specific focus on Operations FA plans, policies and procedures
- Coordinate the integration of Operations FA policies including ensuring management of interdependencies (e.g. security and transport)
- As part of supporting the division’s approach to operational readiness, support the development and implementation of plans to enable the mass induction and mobilisation of Operations Games time paid staff in the lead-up to the Games
- Line manage the Operations Delivery Manager, including providing day-to day management and oversight of the:
- development of schedules and programmes, and identification of critical path activities related to Operations FAs to ensure alignment of activities, and timely delivery
- monitoring of programme changes to ensure they are controlled, and risks and issues are identified and proactively managed, including timely escalation for senior management attention as required
- Development of reports on progress, risks and issues related to the operations programme at regular intervals to the Executive Director of Operations, OC Board and The CGF, including liaison with the OC’s Programme and Integrated Planning team, as required.
- Development of issues papers to support resolution of specific operational challenges, including for the OC Executive, OC Board and The CGF as applicable
- Provision of support to the Executive Director of Operations in the delivery of the department’s submission to the OC Business Plan, including budget, forecasts and KPIs, overseeing and coordinating contributions from all Operations functional areas
- Managing budget and headcount levels across the department ensuring resources are optimally employed.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Significant experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering venue and event operations, preferably Organising Committee on a previous Commonwealth Games or multi-sport event
- Understanding and delivery of quality client service
- Proven track record of managing successful and varied teams on large, complex projects
- An understanding of resource management procedures
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
- Ability to identify key issues in a way that is constructive and leads to successful outcomes
- Persuasive and articulate with good communication and presentation skills
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.
Closes: 5 July 2020
Read moreView job
Procurement & Contracts Administrator
Closes: 8 July 2020
Read moreView job
Office & Facilities Management Coordinator
Closes: 9 July 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest