About the role
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Financial Planning Manager to join our growing finance team. The purpose of the role is to work closely with several key departments of the Organising Committee as a Commercial Finance Business Partner, supporting the business achieve its objectives whilst ensuring strong commercial and budgetary outcome for the Games.
- Support assigned departments in all financial matters including budget management, budget development and commercial process.
- Develop outstanding working relationship with assigned department and understanding of their operations to enable effective finance business partnering.
- Work with colleagues to develop and understand levels of service assumptions, cost drivers and other assumptions to underpin the detailed budget development across the organisation.
- Identification, reporting and management of financial risks and opportunities for assigned areas.
- Preparation of financial analysis and financial modelling to support members of the Senior Leadership Team in key decision making.
- Monitoring departmental spend and financial commitments, through the finance system, and developing regular reforecasts of estimated outturn spend.
- Involvement in procurement strategy, pricing structure and commercial evaluation of key procurements to ensure best economical outcome for the Organising Committee.
- Input data and narrative to key budget reports for OC Board, Audit and Risk Committee, Senior Management Team and external funding partners.
- Promote delivery of a cost-effective Games, identifying opportunities for efficiencies through cross-departmental analysis and financial insight, challenging functions on spending plans where appropriate.
- Responsible for co-ordinating cross-partner reporting with other Games Partners and liaising with finance representatives from these organisations as required.
- Where required, responsible for monitoring value-in-kind offered by sponsors and supporting the Commercial team in generating commercial revenues.
- Responsible for maintenance of budget transfer of knowledge material for assigned areas, ensuring lessons can be learned by other departments and future editions of the Commonwealth Games.
- Liaise with the Financial Management team to support the smooth running of the finance system, internal controls, accounts payable and financial reporting as it relates to assigned areas.
- Liaise with other corporate functions – Procurement and Legal – to support in compliant execution of contracts and their post-award management and to ensure Financial Planning capture all commitments arising from contracts.
- Input to overall strategic budget management for the Organising Committee and handling of budget risks and issues.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified (or part-qualified) Accountant (ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- Experience in similar finance business partnering role or strong finance background (external audit or consultancy)
- Skilled in the use of information technology, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interest in the Games and joining and exciting, dynamic and growing team tasked with its delivery
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to email@example.com.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest