About the role
B2022 are looking for an experienced transport professional, to progress transport planning for a cluster of competition and non-competition venues. The role will involve working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to arrive at Venue Transport Operating Plans that are robust and fit for purpose, whilst meeting the objectives of the Games Transport Strategy. Ultimately, the role will assist with recruitment and mobilisation of the wider Venue Transport team before transitioning through testing and readiness to operational delivery and dissolution.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of Venue Transport Operations for a specific cluster of venues.
- Collaborate with transport partners and stakeholders to ensure robust operational transport plans that balance competing demands.
- Engage local businesses and residents throughout the planning cycle as required, to secure buy-in to the Games-time transport plans for venues.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of transport provision at Commonwealth Games Villages, Games Family Hotels and other accommodation.
- Support the Transport FA in developing and documenting policies and procedures to ensure a safe Games-time operation.
- Produce and deliver training material for less experienced members of the Venue Transport team and support training of the wider Transport team as required.
- Work with B2022 FA’s to ensure all planning is considered with Games-time experience and budgetary responsibility as key factors in decision making.
- Responsible for project management of specific workstreams and projects within the Venue Transport jurisdiction in accordance with the wider Transport project management procedures and deliverables.
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing teams.
- Ability to work with, and influence, internal/external stakeholders in order to successfully engender strong working relationships and joint decision-making.
- Experience in a similar role within a complex organisation.
- Recognised expertise and experience in event planning and delivery.
- Certification in advanced use of MS Office products
- Understanding of highways and traffic management regulations in the UK
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to [email protected]
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.
Procurement Category Manager
Closes: 31 August 2020
Read moreView job
Warehouse and Distribution (Trucking) Manager
Closes: 17 September 2020
Read moreView job
Integrated Delivery Manager – Readiness Lead
Closes: 8 October 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest