About the role
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a CGA Services Manager who will play a pivotal role in liaison with OC functional areas ensuring the delivery of all required publications, events and services to athletes, team officials and CGAs.
The Games Family Services Department is established to act as the primary liaison point between Birmingham 2022 and the various Games Family members. The primary objective of CGA (Commonwealth Games Association) Relations is to ensure that all CGAs participating in the Commonwealth Games receive consistent and correct levels of service, thereby allowing all CGAs an equal platform for fair play and competition. CGA Relations interface with key functional areas that are responsible for the delivery of services to CGAs, athletes and team officials; and is the primary channel of communication with CGAs participating in the Games.
- Work with OC functional areas in planning for services deliverable to the CGAs (athletes and team officials), including representation at meetings and working groups, and development of policies and procedures, particularly with Villages, Sport, and Games Services departments.
- Responsible for the management, production and distribution of all required CGA documents, publications and manuals including (but not limited to) the Chefs de Mission Dossier, and Chefs de Mission Manual, etc.
- Lead on developing the policies surrounding the CGA Travel Grants and oversee its delivery to each of the 71 CGAs.
- Responsible for developing the Team Size Calculator (TSC) in an excel format. The TSC assists CGAs in planning and preparing their teams for the Games.
- In cooperation with the CGF, plan and deliver the Chefs de Mission seminar.
- Responsible for planning, delivery and management of Games Time DRM process, daily Chefs de Mission Meetings and CGA Services Centre in the Commonwealth Games Village.
- Support the appropriate stakeholders to plan, design and develop the appropriate delivery of the Games Ceremonies and Cultural Programme and Queen’s Baton Relay, particularly in the interest of the CGAs and the CGF.
- Support various projects within the Games Family Services department as required.
- Experience of working at major multi-sport or single sports event or events and/or in the direct provision of services for the sports, athletes, team officials at such events
- Established relationships with CGA and CGF officials
- Proven experience of working with a range of public and private organisations including local authorities, government agencies,
- Experience in the programme management of multiple complex projects
- Extensive knowledge of Commonwealth Games Associations and/or National Olympic Committees
- Understanding and experience working with a CGA and/or team in planning and operations at a multi-sports event
- A proven track record of managing budgets · Excellent cultural awareness and international outlook · Sound knowledge of and empathy with the Commonwealth Games movement
- Skilled in the use of MS Office in particular advanced MS Excel proficiency
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the job description.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and committed to becoming a Disability Confident Employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Disability Confident, download the form.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Workforce Manager
Closes: 5 February 2020
Read moreView job
Lead Marketing Manager
Closes: 19 February 2019
Read moreView job
Lead Communications Manager
Closes: 27 January 2020
Read moreView job
Not found the job you are interested in? Please register your details below for future updates.
Register your interest