The Director of Programme Management and Integrated Planning for the Commonwealth Games Federation Partnerships (CGFP) (a joint venture between the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) Lagardère Sports) will play a vital role in leading the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games planning approach to ensure it is efficient, effective and enables the development of cost-effective and optimised operational solutions to enhance the Commonwealth Sports movement.
This role will work across the OC’s workstreams, the scope of which are broad and complex, ranging from ensuring the physical readiness of the venues and temporary facilities, to the planning coordination and delivery of more than 30 operational functions such as sport competition, medical services, transport, security, catering and media operations.
The Director of Programme Management and Integrated Planning will be an experienced major event professional, who is energetic and motivated by new challenges. With a proven track record of working with senior executives to set-up and drive programmes of work, the candidate will be adaptable and skilled at understanding and balancing the needs of stakeholders to produce quality outcomes in tight timeframes. They will establish and lead a multi-disciplined team who are able to adapt their focus in accordance with the changing nature of Games planning and serves as an ‘engine room’ for planning and issue resolution.
- Support the CEO as the custodian of the “big picture” for Games planning and prioritisation. Communicate with the OC/Games Partners on strategic plans, ensuring organisational focus on critical areas at key times.
- Establish and manage the OC’s programme management and risk management framework:
- Tools for programme and risk reporting, document management and collaboration.
- Project and risk management approaches.
- Status updates.
- Management of governance groups.
- Establish, lead and motivate a team of dynamic problem-solvers to work with the OC’s functions and workstreams to add value and support their planning.
- Work with CGF Partnership’s senior team to define and drive key planning workstreams that underpin the successful implementation of the Commonwealth Games event delivery model:
- Defining scope and delivery models.
- Support workforce planning and lifetime budgeting.
- Support operations planning, client service levels definition.
- Readiness and governance planning to support Games-time operations.
- Represent the OC in cross-partner governance forums to facilitated successful integration.
- Coordinate with the CGF and its partners in the monitoring and tracking of progress against recommendations from the CGF Coordination Commission.
- Develop a cost-effective readiness strategy that balances risk mitigation with operational preparations. Facilitate integration of readiness with Partners.
- Lead the readiness team in the delivery of readiness activities for the OC: training, desktop exercises, simulations, licensing and commissioning events, teste events, rehearsals.
- Support the OC’s evolution from a “corporate” planning organization to a decentralized organization able to deliver at multiple locations through a Games-time governance structure known as C3.
- Work with partners to establish an integrated C3 model to facilitate coordination, reporting and decision making.
- Support the evolution of planning forums to operational coordination structures.
- Lead the design and delivery of the OC’s Games Operating Centre (GOC).
- Previous experience in a leadership role for a major sporting event is required.
- Experience leading a team in delivery of programme management functions for sport events.
- Ability to creatively apply a high level of knowledge to devise bespoke effective and efficient strategies.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successful implementation of programme management and risk management frameworks for sporting events.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a multi-disciplinary team across a number of different areas.
- Experience working in a complex stakeholder environment (public/private).
- Strategic planning experience with extensive analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Fluent in English in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
CGFP is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.