- Defined Terms
In these terms and conditions, the following capitalised terms have the meanings set out below:
Birmingham 2022 means the Birmingham Organising Committee for the 2022 Commonwealth Games Ltd, a company established under the Companies Acts (registered number 11120160) as the Organising Committee of the Games and having its registered office at One Brindley Place, Brindley Place, Birmingham, England, B1 2JB.
Games means the Commonwealth Games.
Event means the Dinners with Strangers event described in paragraph 2 below.
- The Event
The event is “Dinner with Strangers” as described in [xxx] which is scheduled to take place between 5.30pm and 8.30pm on either Wednesday 20 May or Thursday 21 May 2020.
- Terms and Conditions
By submitting this application form you hereby confirm and agree:
- That you are eighteen years of age or over as of 5 May 2020 and you are available to participate in the Event and record between 5:30pm-8:30pm on either Wednesday 20 May 2020 or Thursday 21 May 2020.
- That you understand that if your application is not successful you will not be contacted by Birmingham 2022 and that submitting an application form or receiving communication from Birmingham 2022 in relation to this application does not constitute an offer from you or a binding commitment to participate in the
- That if you are selected as a participant in the Event, there is no obligation for Birmingham 2022 to hold the activity or use the content that is generated as part of the Event. Birmingham 2022 reserve the right to halt the Event at any point prior to or during in the process in its sole discretion and without giving any reasons.
- That if you are selected as a participant in the Event you will comply with any rules and protocols notified to you by Birmingham 2022 and set out within the briefing documentation provided to you prior to the Event commencing. You will not attempt to bypass, avoid or work around these rules and protocols.
- That if you are selected as a participant in the Event and there are extenuating circumstances which mean that you are no longer able to attend, you will notify Birmingham 2022 at least 2 working days (Monday to Friday) before the Event is due to take place.
- That if you are selected as a participant in the Event you will not do anything which brings or may have a negative impact on the reputation of Birmingham 2022 or any of its affiliates or the Games or disrupt or have the potential to disrupt the Event.
- That if you are selected as a participant in the Event you agree to submit the recording of the event to Birmingham 2022 within 24 hours after the end of the Event.
- That you grant all necessary rights and consents to Birmingham 2022 to use the recorded content for the purposes of marketing Birmingham 2022.
- That you grant us the right to issue publicity relating to the recording and any other work in which the participation may be included and to use and publish for such purposes the participation your name, photograph or likeness, details about you, recordings of you and interviews with you for such purposes.
- That all information provided in your application is accurate and complete and once your application form has been submitted no subsequent changes will be accepted by Birmingham 2022.
- That you have read our privacy notice and understand how we will use the personal details you have submitted to us.
- That if you are selected you are responsible for all costs incurred by you personally to participate in the activity.
Insofar as it is permitted by law, Birmingham 2022, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of your application or participating in the Event except where it is caused by the negligence of Birmingham 2022, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
- Ownership and Intellectual Property
All recordings and any accompanying material submitted to Birmingham 2022 will become the property of Birmingham 2022.
By submitting your recording and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to Birmingham 2022 all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights,
in and to your recording and otherwise arising in connection with your participation to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach by you of these terms and conditions, Birmingham 2022 may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Event.
Birmingham 2022 reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend these terms where it becomes necessary to do so.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.